Chapter 27

This was the Four Seas Merchant chamber.

In Chengdu, it could be said that the name of this place touched the sky.

And it was rude for someone to knock on the doors of a closed merchant place at night.

There were only two kinds of people who would commit such disrespect.

One was a trader who had something urgent to relay despite knowing it was rude. And the other one...

'They are those who don't care about the fact that it is a rude act.'

The former could be anyone, but the latter, there was only one group bold enough to do it in Sichuan.

"Who is it?"

"That..."

Jo Pyung could guess who the guests were from the servant's manner of speaking.

It was then.

Suddenly, it started to get noisy.

"You must not come in."

"Please wait. You are not allowed to get in there,"

Jo Pyung's face hardened.

It seemed his guess was right.

'Why now.'

Sensing that things were going differently from how he wanted them to, he jumped up from his seat.

"Bring the guests to my office."

"Yes!"

Jo Pyung quickly walked over and opened the door.

Unsurprisingly, he saw the servants gathered in a hurry and a few people pushing them.

Just three people.

The three people weren't that old and were walking leisurely through the halls.

They wore green robes.

And had slightly clenched hands.

And looking at these two things, it wasn't difficult to guess what their affiliation was.

"Stand back!"

"Yes, Lord!"

Only then did the servants open up the path for the guests in green. As the path opened, the three people approached him with a relaxed face.

"Four Seas Merchant Chamber Lord, we greet you."

When the leader of the group bowed, Jo Pyung looked in the other direction and then his eyes widened.

"Aren't you from the Tang Family?"

The one who took the lead was Tang Zhan, one of the minor lords in the Sichuan Tang family.

'Tang Zhan. The fifth son of the Lord.'

If he was the fifth son of the Lord, then he wasn't a person who wielded much power.

But when it came to the Tang family things were different. In the Tang family, where blood came first... everything was inherited by blood and the fifth son also had power.

Although he was young now and couldn't hold any key positions, there was a high chance that he could become the backbone of a party in a couple years.

And such a person was openly invading his home at night.

Jo Pyung's face darkened.

'It seems like he didn't come here to do anything good.'

When there was no response from the other side, Jo Pyung moved.