chapter 18

- The current Mount Hua has lost its former light, but Mount Hua once shone brighter than any other sect. Your father has lived his life in pride as a member of Mount Hua.

Gulp gulp.

Dressed in Mount Hua's uniform, Chung Myung was gulping down alcohol.

"Kuaaa! Alcohol tastes the best."

- Mount Hua is prestigious. That prestige was not earned without a great history. It took the blood and sweat of countless ancestors before it touched glory and gained such noble status.

"Some meat for me! Give it here, please! Sahyung!"

"There's nothing left for me to eat! You already ate your own, don't covet others' food too! If you don't want your hands cut off, then keep them to yourself!"

"Selfish!"

- Although Mount Hua is suffering now, it will resurrect and spread its name throughout the world again one day. So, you must not make the mistake of only looking at Mount Hua's current state. It would be best if you thought of the future as well. Protect Mount Hua. Then, the day will come when Mount Hua protects Huayoung Gate, and we ascend together.

"Kya! Coming down from Mount Hua makes me feel alive!"

"Sasuk is still here! Be careful of what you say, you brat!"

"It's fine. I'm sure that Sasuk is thinking the same thing I am right now."

"... No. I feel like I'm going to die staying with you."

"Hahaha! What a joke!"

"... I wish I was joking."

Wei Lishan had a pleasant smile as he watched the disciples of Mount Hua, who greedily coveted alcohol and meat while cursing at each other.

'I want to show this to my father.'

And he would ask

'What prestige? Resurrection?'

Look!

'Mount Hua is doomed, father.'

And horribly so!

Tak!

Wei Lishan pressed down the pain rising in his belly. Since earlier, he had been experiencing a sharp stomach ache, like a nail had been driven deep into his core. Yet, this sight before him seemed to hurt even more.

"Kuak."

Unable to bear this sight any longer, Wei Lishan coughed and attracted the attention of Mount Hua's disciples, who all turned to look at him in unison.

"Ah."

Chung Myung sighed and offered Wei Lishan a bottle of alcohol.

"Would you like a drink?"

"He's in recovery!"

"Didn't he have internal injuries?"

"Think before you speak, think!"

"No, you bastards!"

And it grew noisy once again. At the same time, Wei Lishan's stomach began to ache even worse.

'A name and its pride die first.'

When he visited Mount Hua ten years ago with Wei Soheng in his arms, Wei Lishan could feel the nobility and pride emanating from Mount Hua despite its collapse.

But, whatever the hell happened over the past decade, Mount Hua's disciples have grown rotten. They're far from the prestigious and noble image he'd previously experienced.