Aonung ~ Friends?

DISCLAIMER: This is not like Jakes at all. Like I said previously I will not be writing explicit content about anyone aged under 18 in the film. But if you're looking for a just a short story with fluff then I'd recommend this one!

There will be lots of parts to this. Think of it as a substory with Aonung x reader.

—————————————————

You grabbed his hand which made him open his eyes slightly wide. You moved it to place on his chest, so he could feel his own heart. You noticed his heartbeat speed up but you ignored it.

"What do you feel within yourself? Without the chaos, without the pain, what do you feel that you know will make you calm. Embrace it more, think about the person you want to be and embrace it.

—————————————————

"If I wanted to be scolded then I would've just went back to the hut with mom and dad, y/n

"If I wanted to be scolded then I would've just went back to the hut with mom and dad, y/n."

You rolled your eyes at Lo'ak.

"That isn't fair brother, I never give you shit like ever. I'm just trying to tell you to be careful, you know I'm right. The last thing I want is to see you hurt. So that means no more going outside the reef with Aonung. Ever."

He wanted to say something stubborn but he knew you were right, you were the most understanding with him. And going outside the reef had proven more dangerous than fun. He nodded understandingly. You offered him a gentle smile before signing him ' I am with you'. Something you and him had said to one another since you were kids, after learning how to sign it in Metkaiyana the gesture became more intimate between you two.

He finally cracked a smile and signed it back.

"Alright now get out of here before Neteyam sees you here and finds out!" You playfully shoved him out of the way and he laughed while running into the village.

You had caught him getting back from outside the reef with Aonung and Roxto, you were too busy scolding your brother while the two slipped away. You also knew Neteyam was supposed to be looking for your brother right now, and would probably need to be convinced to stay quiet so you figured it'd be best he didn't find out at all.

You shook your head thinking about the audacity that Aonung had to take your brother far out, again! He knew Lo'aks personality and took advantage of it which pissed you off. You left the beach to go and search where Aonung would be.

It took you quite awhile, you almost thought about giving up until you remembered how good it would feel to tell him to fuck off. As you searched through the shops, the woody areas, and even went to his home to which his mother Ronal seemed unpleased you felt like he had vanished into thin air. This time you genuinely decided to give up and kick his ass tomorrow until you walked by the pier to see him sitting down alone. You didn't know why you hadn't thought to look here, it just didn't seem likely. Aonung was typically always messing around surrounded by other people.