Chapter four: The Devil's Lair

Chapter four

The Devil’s Lair

My head was pounding, and I couldn’t stop shivering. It was surprisingly cold for being in the depth of hell. 

“How much farther?” said the taller one, as he shifted me on his shoulder.

“Just around the bend.”

“Good, my back is killing me.”

“Quit complaining,” said the smaller. 

“You’re not the one carrying him around.” The demon grabbed his face shield and took off the armor. 

My eyes grew wide, and I kicked off the devil’s chest. The demon didn’t have a good hold. I toppled to the ground and scooted up to the wall. I didn’t know what kind of demotic magic was going on here, but it almost looked human. 

“What the hell! Would you stop dropping him?” yelled the shorter. 

“It’s not my fault; the boy freaked out.”

My chest was heaving as I looked into the face of a normal man. His features were different, and his skin and hair lighter, but he didn’t look like the fanged, deformed beast from the stories.

“Whatever, let’s just go.” The smaller demon took off his helmet reveling a head of flaming red hair. That one had to be the devil’s messenger; I had never seen hair that color. 

“Come on.” The larger one grabbed my arm and forced me to my feet. 

I resisted, but he out powered me.

“Move.” He shoved me forward.

I stumbled but followed the other monster. I’d rather walk than be carried by that horrid creature.We rounded the nearby bend, and my eyes grew wide when I saw the large silver contraption. It was made from an assortment of metals. Other tribes used the materials for their weapons, but it was nothing like this.

“What is that?” I whispered.

“Move.”

“No!” I turned around and tried to run. It had to be the portal to hell. 

The larger demon grabbed my arm. 

“No, please.” My knees buckled.

“Knock it off!” He grabbed my hair and pulled me along. 

Pain filled my eyes, and I started to sob as I was forced inside. Gasping for air, I looked around the room. This thing could only be the work of Satan.  

“Buckle him up, and let’s get going.”

The larger one shoved me into a seat and fastened a strap over me.

“Stupid machine, they never wants to work properly.” The shorter demon slammed his fist onto a black panel. He drag his finger along the surface, and the room filled with light.

“Machine?” I swallowed hard and stared at the flashing lights.

The two laughed.

“It never gets old how stupid these savages are.” The larger one shoved me head to the side. “Shut up. I had to listen to you cry all the way here, so be quiet.” He jolted my head back against the seat.

“Shut the door, I got this thing programed.”

The bigger demon slammed the thick door closed. This was it; I was going to die. Closing my eyes, I waited for it to happen.