Chapter 26 By MySelf

Chapter 26

By MySelf

“Your dad is going to come looking for you.”

“Hmm,” I muttered, not moving from my spot curled up next to Tobias.

“He’s going to be pissed if he finds you like this.”

I shrugged and pull the blanket closer to my waist. “Doesn’t matter. I might not be able to live with you, but your still my beloved. Besides,” I brushed my hair out of my face and sunk into his bear chest. “it’s not like you took my innocence. It been gone for awhile.”

“Ha!” He spat, laying his head against the rocks we were leaning against. “You were never innocent.”

I thought about hitting him, but that would involve moving, and I was comfortable where I was at. 

“Where do you want it?”

Looking up at Tobias, I saw him gazing out over the lake. 

“Anywhere,” he stated. “The middle of the lake, the deepest part, I’ll build you a house. A damn good one too.”

I smiled to myself and sat up just long enough to kiss his cheek. “I know. Anywhere is fine as long as you get it done.”

“Well,” he breathed, motioning with his hand. “My vote is that little spot clear on the other side. Far away from dear old dad, Azuka.”

“Knock it off.” I slapped his hand down. “I don’t want to walk ten miles to get to the village.”

He shrugged and took in a deep breath. “Just a suggestion.”

I glanced down at the rocks below. Zev and I used to come here and watch the sunset. It was far enough away from the village that no one would disturb us. “Build it here.”

“I could make a path along the rock face.” He leaned forward. “And put the house over in the cove right there. Yep, I like it.” He shifted me in his arms. “Besides, I think it’ll be harder for Azuka to sneak up on me when he tries to kill me.”

I rolled my eyes. “He’s not going to kill you.” I hugged Tobias tightly. “He be banished if he did.”

Rocks shifted nearby. “Raja!”

“Shit,” I said under my breath as I searched for my clothes. 

Tobias grabbed my chin. “Cut it out.” He kissed me hard before releasing me.

“You are the biggest hypocrite I’ve ever met.” I yanked on my short and tied the waist band. 

The general shrugged. “Kill a couple men and you can do whatever the hell you want.”

I throw the blanket at his face. “That always your excuse. You’ll regret using it, if I ever did kill someone.”

“Never going to happen,” he said confidently. “You may have a bad attitude, but you’re no killer.”

“Oh, and you are,” I retorted.

“If I have to.” He shrugged.

“Raja!” yelled my father. 

He was getting closer. Thankfully Tobias had his pants on. I didn’t need my father walking into the after scene of me having sex. He was probably secretly hoping I was still a virgin, but I was far from it.

“You better go, daddy is a calling,” the general breathed, putting his hands behind his head.

“Shut up.” I kicked his leg as I passed. “Be nice to him. He is your in-law.”