Chapter nineteen An Old Friend

Chapter nineteen

An Old Friend

Two years. It was weird to think it had been that long since I was brought here. During that time, I had accepted my place with the General, but at the same time I still thought about home. About Zev. The feeling of betrayal never really left me. Though the pain of never seeing my family again had dulled over time. It was manageable now.

“Raja.”

I glanced over my shoulder at the general. 

“What are you doing?” He walked over to where I was sitting by the window. 

“Nothing.” I shook my head as he lifted my chin.

“I really like this one.” He ran his fingers along my the blue silver collar. It was a present from the King to celebrate our two year anniversary. “Do you like it?”

I nodded and gave him a smile. “It’s pretty.”

“Come on, let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and led me from the room. 

We went downstairs to the car and got in. I sat in my usual place next to the general. I didn’t wait for his permission to snatch his phone and start playing the different games. Tobias just shook his head and move this arm, so I fell in his lap. This how things were now. We had settled into our route over the time together. I was happy with the general. He gave me anything I wanted and gave me more freedom then Zev did, and I wasn’t even a slave back with my people. 

Tobias had gotten out one of his books and was reading it as we drove into town.

“Do I have to go to this again?” I muttered as the smell of the city hit my nose.

The general rolled up the window. “We’re going to the Academy after, or I’ll let you stay home. You can sit in the car if you like.”

I let out a sigh and went back to my game. “No, it’s boring in the car.”

“Well then quit complaining.” He messed up hair.

I sat up and glared at him as I smoothed it back down. “I’m going to tell Nina.”

He laughed at me. “You sure do got her wrapped around your finger.”

“She the only one that scares you.” I laid back down and went back to fighting enemy robots. 

We remained like that until the car stopped outside the Slave Warehouse. 

I felt the car stop and sat up. “I hate this place.”

“Like I said, you can stay in the car.”

I let out a groan of frustration and followed him outside. “It’s boring in there.”

“Then be happy I don’t make you stay.” He snatched his phone way form me and tucked it away. 

“You can be suck a jerk sometimes,” I marched past him to the front door. I let out a startled scream when the Tobias run up behind me and picked me up off the ground.

“Put me down,” I pounded my fist on his back. “Tobias!”

He flipped me down and put a finger to my lips. “That’s only for the bedroom Raja,” he said with a smirk. “It’s general in public.”

My face blared red. “Fine,” I muttered. 

Mrs. Finch appeared, and I glared at the floor. The general had lectured me about glared directly at here. I guess it wasn’t permit for a slave to do that to a freemen.