Chapter thirteen Hair Cut

Chapter thirteen

Hair Cut

The car stopped but I didn't move. I hadn't move the whole way home. I was lost inside my own head trying to found a way I could one day explain to Zev what I had done. But it all ended the same, I betrayed him. 

The general opened the door and climbed out. I still didn't move. My shorts still lay around my knees, I hadn't even bothered to pull it up. I heard the general muttered something before leaving me there. I laid on the seat alone until Nina pocked her head into the car.

"Oh dear," she gasped her chest. "You pushed him to far Raja." Nina grabbed my arm and pulled me out. She quickly pulled my shorts back up and made me stand. 

I just stared at the ground.

Nina put her arm around my shoulder. "Let's get you cleaned up." She took me upstairs to the bedroom. 

The general was sitting on the bed, reading his books. He didn't even acknowledge me. He didn't even care what he did to me. Nina took me to the bathroom and started the tub. I climbed in without much promoting.

"It must have been nice to get out of the house for awhile."

I didn't reply. I knew she was just trying to take my mind off what Tobias did, but it wasn't going to work. 

Nina started to wash my hair. "This must be wearing on you." She touched my collar. "I'll get Tobias to take it off." 

I pulled my knees to my chest and stated absently into space.

"Later." snapped the general from the other room. 

"Tobias, Raja had it on all day."

"He's fine!" 

I turned to the door. The other room was silent for a moment before Nina hurried back into the bathroom. She didn't say a word as she finished cleaning me and gave me a black shorts to wear. They weren't skin tight either. She sat me down and brushed out my hair. The tension in the room was just making me feel even worse. Finishing, Nina put the brush down and left the room. I heard the door close in the other room. 

"Raja!" yelled Tobias. "Come here now."

I got to my feet and shuffled into the other room. Standing at the door, I kept my head low. 

"I told you to come here." The general didn't look up from his book. 

I walked over to the bed and stood there, waiting for him to tell me what he wanted. He didn't say anything and simply kept reading his book. The pages continued to turn as I just stood there.

"Are you too stupid to figure anything out without me telling you?" He glanced up at me. "Come here Raja."

I climbed onto the bed and laid down on the other side. I didn't feel very good. Hugging my stomach, I just laid there as the general continued to read. We remained like that for over an hour before Tobias slapped his book closed and put it on the bedside table. 

"Come here."

I slowly crawled over. 

He made me sit up and move my hair out of the way. "Cut it out. You're acting like someone died." Unlocking my collar, he tossed it onto a pillow on the other side of the bed. "Don't tell anyone about me not putting that way. His royal highness would throw a tantrum. His obsession with pets and collar is unhealthily." Climbing off the bed, he went to the bathroom. 

Curling into a ball, I rubbed my neck. I really didn't like that collar. 

The general returned and climbed into bed. "Get over here."