Chapter seventeen Just Like Him

Chapter seventeen

Just Like Him

I had never felt so confused in my life. My mind hadn’t even spun this much when I was first brought to Helix. I just didn’t know what to make of the situation. I had lost track of how long I had been just laying there on the bed next to the general, trying to comprehend what had happened. Sex shouldn’t have been that good. Not with Tobias. He was a jerk thats main purpose in life was to make mine harder. 

The bed moved behind me, but I acknowledge it. I needed to figure this out, and I was hope too before he woke up. 

Tobias mumbled something and rolled over. He pulled me into his arms and rest his head on my shoulder. “How long have you been awake?” He kissed my cheek.

“A while,” I whispered. 

“Damn,” he muttered, rolling away from me. “I knew you would regret it. God, Reggy you could have just said no, and spared us both the trouble.” He propped himself up against the head board and ran his hands dow his face. 

“It’s not that.” I sat up and faced him. “It’s-it’s not.” 

“Then what?” He didn’t look at me and appeared throughly pissed. 

“I-I…” I clasped my forehead. “I should but I don’t.”

“Should what?” He glanced over at me. 

“Regret it.” I laid back down and pulled the covers over my head. 

“Reggy.” He put his hand on my back.

“Don’t,” I tried to knock his hand away. “I-I should be feeling this way. And I hate that I do.”

“Raja, come out here.”

I pocked my head out and glanced up at him. “What am I going to do? I can’t feel this way about you. I promised myself to Zev.”

Tobias let out a deep breath. “Come here.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me toward him.

I don’t know why but for once I didn’t resist. Maybe because he was the source of my confuse, and I just wanted him to fix thing. It was his fault to begin with. He put me on his lap ,so I was straddling him and put a blanket around my shoulder.

“I think we need to talk about this Zev guy. Tell me about him.”

I swallowed hard. “He’s strong and a great warrior. He saved me when I was younger when the demons came. That was the first time he kissed me.” Thinking back to that day, I ran my finger across my lips. “Since that day, everyone knew that when the time came I would pledge myself to him.”

“Sounds like a great guy,” muttered the general sarcastically. 

“What is that supposed to mean?” I sat up and glared at him. “Zev is a great man. He leads the hunting party, and one day he’ll be a leader of my tribe. He’s an amazing man, and I’m lucky to have him.”

“Why are you lucky Raja?”

“Because-because,” I paused to think for a moment. “Because I get to be with him. It’s an honor.”

“Yes an honor, but is that all it is. You spout out how in love you are with him, but all I ever hear is Zev is an almighty warrior, future leader bullshit. Does this guy even give a shit about you, or does he just have a sub fetish.”

“That’s not true, he does care about and he is,” I said softly. I was even more confused now. “He is all those things.”

“So what? If that your only criteria for the perfect beloved jackass then I’m far more qualify than him.” Tobias pushed me off and throw off the covers.