Chapter 33: Bang

Chapter 33

Bang

Hearing muffled laughter outside, I sat and looked over Tobias to the door. The voice grew faint.

“What are you doing,” muttered the general as he tried to pull me back down.

“I heard something.”

“Let’s deal with it later.” 

“I want to see.” I throw off the covers and went to find my clothes. 

“Raja,” moaned Tobias. “Just leave it.”

I shook my head. “You shouldn’t have drank so much.” Pulling on my shorts, I went to the door. I opened it slightly and peaked outside. My eyes welled with tears. “Oh my god.” I throw open the door to find gifts lining the boardwalk.

“What is it?” Tobias wandered to the door with just a blanket around his waist.

I hurried outside and looked at all the things we had been given. “I didn’t think they would.” I picked up a woven basket. “It’s only for married couple. I didn’t think they do it for us.” Running back to Tobias, I showed him the basket with bowls and cups inside.

The general smiled and kissed my head. “The people in the village love you more than you give them credit. They constantly ask about you,” he gave me a smirk. “So unlike you, I’m not surprised.” He went back into the house and fell down on the bed. 

I didn’t understand how he would be excited to see all the new things. I started carrying everything inside. Today had already started out better than I could’ve ever hoped for it. Once everything was inside, I went through the gifts and by the time I was finished putting things away, it like an actual home inside. It was turning out far better than I could have planned. 

Tobias rolled over and stared at me as I tried to get the fire going. “You’re awfully busy this morning.”

“It’s the afternoon.” I stood and wiped off my hands. “So it’s time to get up.”

The general groaned and rolled back over. “The elder stash has a nasty aftereffect.”

I sat on the bed and rubbed his back. “Yeah I was kind of surprised you got it up last night.”

Tobias spun around. “Doubting my manhood capabilities is not going to get me up.” He pulled the blanket over his shoulder. “It going to take more than a little village warrior portion to stop me when it comes to sex.”

I pulled the blanket off him. “Then get up.”

With a sigh, he sat up. “You are a demanding little thing.” He brushed back my hair.

Smiling, I grabbed his hand. “Come on, let’s wash this stuff off you.” After stopping to grabbed a rag and some soap, I led Tobias outside and sat him down on the rocks. “It’s all over you.” I started scrubbing the paint off.”

Tobias pulled me on his lap. “And you.” He ran his finger along my cheek. “You’ve been up for how long and still didn’t notice.”

I rubbed the spot with the rag. “I was busy. I didn’t want any of the gifts to get ruined.” I went back to cleaning his back.

“How?”

“They could have fallen in the lake, or it could have started raining.”

Tobias laughed. “You still a kid. Too excited to open his gifts, to notice he had black paint all over his face.”