Chapter 10: Explanation

You felt like you were about to hurl.

The sight of fresh and dried-up blood caked all over your thighs and hands was honestly so nauseating to look at. Something about the nasty, metallic smell will always be off-putting to you, no matter the circumstances. Sure, as someone who does MMA for a living, you were bound to get a couple of nosebleeds and injuries here and there, but the blood was never severe. But this?

"Get me a plastic bag," you pleaded as you covered your mouth. "Please."

"here you go." Lust almost panicked, pulled out a spare plastic bag from the side of the couch, and gave it to you. You gave him a silent thanks before turning your head away from all of them and then proceeding to puke everything inside.

Lust held your hair back as he gently rubbed circles around your shoulders, while Blue stood by your side with a damp towel and a bottle of water ready to be taken from his hands. While this was all happening, Red was carefully patching up your wound. A thought came up as you looked down at his expression—it's concerning how he knew how to patch a wound up like that.

There were bloody wet towels, a cold compress, and a lot of gauze strewn all over the floor, seeing that it took quite a while for your injury to get cleaned up. Going to the doctor would obviously be a good choice, but explaining whatever happened to your thigh to the doctors wouldn't be a good choice at all. It would be risky and expose way too many things about you and the skeletons.

Horror had to leave, or else something bad was going to trigger inside of him at the sight and fresh scent of blood. This concerned you; despite the name and appearance of the skeleton, you never found him scary. But the look on his face earlier? It sent chills down your spine.

Dust went and accompanied him in case Horror lost control of himself, and he was the only candidate who has the most experience dealing with his triggers. Dance sat silently across from you, his worry clearly visible on his face. The two rival skeletons, Ink and Error, were far apart from each other, but they were close enough to be near you. Sans was nowhere to be found.

The unknown skeleton was still tied up and unconscious on the floor. After you emptied out your stomach, Blue gently rubbed the towel all over your mouth and cheeks, and some of it got on your clothes as well. He gave the bottle of water to you right after.

"Thanks, Blue," you said as you chugged the water down until it was empty. The water felt refreshing compared to the acidic bile that just came out of your system. Blue just gave you a worried smile in return. You leaned back to rest and felt how damp your back was from sweating. You must probably stink from all the sweating that just happened, but that is the least of your concerns right now. Sweating never bothered you in the first place.

Red silently stood up and wiped his hands with a wet cloth as he finished bandaging the last bit of your wound. His neutral expression quickly turned to anger as he looked at the tied-up skeleton. "i'm going to kill him."

"calm down," Lust said firmly. "let's hear what he has to say first."

Red let out a huff of anger and sat down next to him, glaring daggers at the culprit. You were about to say something, but your throat still felt itchy from puking, so all that came out was a violent cough. You then held a hand up, signaling that you were okay, before letting out a sigh. "Seriously, who is this guy?"

"there's no point hiding it now. as you can see, we're all alternate versions of the original, which is sans. there are good and neutral alternate versions of us . . ." Error leaned against the wall, an unreadable expression on his face. ". . . while some, not so much. And it just so happens you live with some of them right now."