Chapter 12: Nightmares

Disclaimer! All things mentioned below are my own versions of canon and fanon! In no way, shape, or form am I claiming all of this as canon.

Trigger Warning: There are brief mentions of sexual assault, starvation, abuse, character death, and violence. Please read at your own risk!

Follow me on my art Tiktok : @ kyofloats

Thank you, and enjoy the long chapter ahead!

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was about two in the afternoon, and you could feel yourself shiver slightly because of the cold temperature in the kitchen; it didn't help that you were wearing a tank top and shorts as well. The bandaged gauze wrapped around your thigh kept reminding you of the night Killer almost took your life. You had a few more questions about the new addition to your household, so you silently made your way towards the basement.

Killer, still tied down to his chair, was sleeping soundly despite his body being wrapped around the luminescent strings. Error was sitting down on a worn-out couch, reading a book about astrology, wearing his red-rimmed glasses on his face. You were never going to get used to seeing him like that, but you had to admit that he looked quite nice in them.

Error spotted you coming down the stairs and gave a curt nod. "hey."

"Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting you." You sat down next to him, cup in hand. "I wanted to ask some more questions that I never got to ask since everybody was practically glued to me yesterday. Talk about protective."

"i can see where they're coming from," he scoffed. You watched the error signs around his body glitch in and out of existence. "if i had my full power, i would've turned him into dust the moment i heard what he had done to you, but i knew you wouldn't want that."

A quiet chuckle left your lips. "Yeah, I wouldn't. Now, are you going to wake him up, or should I?"

His cheekbones flushed as his eyes briefly skimmed over to your top before he took off his jacket and gave it to you. "wear this. this guy can be pretty inappropriate if he sees you like this, and it's more than irritating to deal with it."

"Thank you; I was cold anyway." You gratefully took the jacket and wore it, liking how snug the fabric was against your skin. It smelled of detergent and something sweet. Chocolate, maybe? "Oh, this is soft! No wonder you guys wear this all the time."

"yeah, yeah. don't get used to it." Error closed the book, stood up, and smacked Killer awake with the back of the book. "wake up, anomaly. you have a visitor."

Killer gritted his teeth when the book made harsh contact with his skull. He then saw you sitting down on the couch and immediately shook his head. "of course you'd have princess over here to ask me questions. what do you want this time?"

"Rude." You saw the target sign on his chest glow vaguely while a frown tugged at the corners of your lips. "Do you mind giving us some privacy, Error?"

"and leave you in here with him alone?" Error shook his head disapprovingly. "absolutely not."

"Please?" You pleaded, making him waver under your gaze. "It won't take long."

"ugh, fine. just call out to me if he gives you any trouble." He scratched his cheekbone, a little flustered with the way you were looking at him. The moment he left the basement, Killer gave you a quizzical look.

"seriously, how the hell did you manage to get him to act like that?" He asked, clearly in disbelief. "usually he'd put up more of a fight and whine the moment he didn't get what he wanted."