Chapter 13.0: Birthday Special

Author's Note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANS! This is not related to the story in any way; I just whipped up a little something for the birthday man himself!

Enjoy, lovebirds.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Sans was never one to confront a person or a monster up front. He's a very subtle skeleton; his words often come off as vague most of the time when communicating, so it was quite a surprise for him to witness someone being so honest with him today.

That someone was you. You just came back home from a post-dental surgery a few hours ago while being accompanied by his brother, Papyrus. You were still feeling absolutely out of it due to the anesthesia given to you by the dentist.

When the door opened, Sans' skull began to sweat bullets. His crush on you wasn't obvious to himself or the others, but it was obvious to Papyrus. He mischievously came up with a plan to leave you alone with Sans for the meantime and pretend he had to go do an errand for Undyne.

Sans had to admit—his soul was pounding with anxiousness, waiting for you to arrive. Ironic, isn't it? A clearly self-aware monster, not so self-aware of his feelings for you, despite it being painfully obvious to Papyrus.

"HELLO BROTHER, WE HAVE ARRIVED!" Papyrus greeted him enthusiastically. His hand was on your shoulder to keep you steady because you were clearly falling over.

"sup bro." Sans greeted him back and stuffed his hands inside his jacket to avoid the sweaty feeling. "how's (y/n)? is she okay?"

"WELL," Papyrus pushed you towards him, making him even more nervous, but he forced himself to calm down. "SHE'S . . . BEING HERSELF, OBVIOUSLY. SHE JUST GOT DENTAL SURGERY, SANS. IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S DYING."

Papyrus looked like he was about to laugh, making Sans shrink down in slight humiliation from how worried he was feeling for you. "right, of course, bro. i shouldn't have doubted you."

"BUT OF COURSE!" They both suddenly heard you chuckle. It sounded muffled, seeing that you had cotton stuffed inside your mouth.

"Heyyy Sansss," You slurred out, making the both of them snicker. You stumbled onto the couch next to him. "Hiii!"

"HELLO!" Papyrus couldn't help but let out a little laugh this time. "NYEHEHE! HOW ARE YOU FEELING, (Y/N)?"

"I feel so . . highhh," you sighed out longingly. "I, uhhh, I thought you didn't allow weed in the houseee?"

"WE DON'T." Papyrus clarified, and you suddenly burst out in nonsensical laughter, making them erupt in laughter as well.

It was definitely a hilarious sight to see such a tough person like you act so loose in front of them. Sans could see your muscles flex beneath your shirt as you continued to laugh out loud, for whatever reason. He felt himself flush at the sight—stars, he wanted to hold your muscles so badly.

"I HAVE TO, UH, LEAVE FOR A BIT, BROTHER. UNDYNE HAS CALLED FOR ANOTHER COOKING SESSION!" Papyrus caught on to his expression because he turned his back to the door and proceeded to leave. "I'M CONFIDENT SHE'LL BE IN GOOD HANDS. GOODBYE!"

"wait, papyrus—" Sans felt himself awkwardly reach out for his brother, but he had already left in a hurry.

He felt himself tense up when you slumped over his shoulder, still laughing. "Your voiCE—oh my god, I can't breatheEE—!"

A nervous laugh bubbled out of him. "heh, alright bud, let's calm down now. looks like that laughing gas was too much of a rib tickler for you, huh?"

"Rib—rib tickler!" You wheezed out, making him chuckle that you reacted at his pun. "Fuck, holy shit, stop that—I can't!"

Oh, stars. Sans really loved the way you laugh; it was so expressive and melodic to his non-existent ears that it made his soul beat so hard for you. He couldn't resist, but he let out a few more puns just to hear you laugh again.

"tibia honest," he scooted closer and felt his shoulder touch yours. "this is a bit humerus for you, am i right?"

You doubled over and clutched your stomach, the cotton ball almost falling out of your mouth. Sans covered his teeth at the sight and felt his entire body shake from laughter—you were being so ridiculously cute right now that it was driving him crazy.

"No!" You screamed out, feeling tears form at the corners of your eyes. "I'm—I, ahah! Stop! If you keep talking, I'm going to leaveE!"

"leave?" He gathered up the courage to lean in closer to you this time. "but then i'll be feeling pretty . . . bonely if you do."

Yeah, that was it. That made you fold over even further and fall across his lap, your stomach already aching from how hard you were laughing. Sans patiently waited for you to calm down; his cheeks flushed, and a hand was placed on your back.

He unconsciously rubbed circles between your shoulders. "you alright?"

You sighed dreamily. ". . . I like you, Sans."

That made him choke on his own spit. "uh, (y/n)? you're not thinking straight right now, numb-skull."

"Hah!" You grinned and turned your head to look at him in the eyesockets. "You underestimate me. I may be on anesthesia, but I'm still kind of conscious, you know."

Sans gave you a look of surprise. "so . . ."

"Sooo, what I'm saying is," You let out a giggle and propped yourself up to face him. "I like you. Like, a lot. I like the way your cheekbones turn blue, and I like the way you always try to keep everyone happy with your puns."

He swore his soul was about to leap out of his chest right then and there as you slowly made yourself comfortable on his lap, with you still facing him. This was really happening.

"I like the way you care for your brother. I like how calm you are, and how it soothes me so much." You continued and cupped his face gently. "And most of all, I like the way you look out for me. Don't think I've noticed that, numb-skull."

Sans shakily held your hips in place and pulled you close. Stars, your body pressing up against his felt so heavenly.

"you do know i'm going to address this once you're not under anesthesia, right?" He chuckled, his cheekbones now a deep blue color. ". . . heh, fuck it. i like you too. let's get you to bed; you need sleep."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead. "You're so good to me, Sans."

"goober." Despite you being taller than him, Sans placed his hands under your thighs and stood up to carry you to his room. "i should be saying that to you."

Needless to say, Papyrus was delighted to see the both of you snuggled up so close together on Sans' bed the moment he came back from his 'trip' from Undyne. He was grateful that this dental appointment managed to help his brother express his feelings more comfortably; kudos to you, of course.

This precious scene didn't stop the taller skeleton from taking a picture, though. He was so going to tell the others once the both of you were awake.