Chapter 11: Killer Truth

• Killer | Rahafwabas

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The walk to the basement was anything but comforting. You could feel your injured thigh throb with every step you took, but you were also relieved that the pain was just a numb feeling as of now.

Sans had an uneasy look on his face the closer you descended downstairs, close to the room where Error, Red, Dust, and 'Killer' were currently occupying. You saw Ink leaning by the door, biting a phalange between his teeth in anxiousness. A feeling of understanding hit you, as you could tell he was not ready for the conversation that was about to happen the moment you opened this door.

"hey," Ink made eye contact with you. His eye lights changed colors and shapes with each blink, and it fascinates you. "are you certain you want to talk to him?"

You nodded your head while Sans pulled your arm closer to him. "Yeah, I'm sure. I've got to give that asshole a piece of my mind for almost killing me, you know? Besides, if he starts acting up, I can still fight."

"i know you can fight. i'm just worried for you, and i don't want him near you." Ink scowled unpleasantly, glancing at your wounded thigh. "if you were just a regular civilian, you'd be more than seriously injured, (y/n)."

"Right. I'll be on guard." Something told you Ink was itching to say something more, because you can see the clear distaste on his face right now. Sans, on the other hand, was silent and only had his eyes trained on you, waiting for your next move. You sighed and opened the door. The basement below was full of miscellaneous old stuff you didn't need anymore and old, dusty couches that didn't make the cut for your interior upstairs.

Right in the middle was your attacker, tied down to a chair with luminous, blue strings that you recognized as Error's magic. There was blood dripping down his nose, and he had a relaxed smile on his face, uncaring that he had been taken hostage. Dust acknowledged you with a nod as the three of you stepped inside. Red had an unpleasant expression on his face as he sat down next to the hostage skeleton, making sure he didn't attempt to escape. Error gave you a side glance, looking quite irritated with his arms crossed.

"about time. this guy refuses to talk unless you're here." Error uncrossed his arms and walked towards you, leaning close to whisper in your ear. "careful not to say too much to killer. the walls have ears."

The walls have ears? A chilling shock went up your spine at the thought. What did he mean by that?

A deep chuckle was heard from Killer. "seriously? this thing is what got us into this mess? you're all hanging around here like domesticated pets too."

"watch it, jerkface," Red hissed, grabbing him by the collar. "this ain't her fault."

"right, right. sure it isn't." Killer rolled his eyes. Red let go of his collar when he saw the strings tighten around his body. "you know these restraints aren't going to hold me for long, right? unlike me, your magic is weak right now."

Dust clicked his tongue in disdain and pulled his hood further down his face. "you're insufferable."

"you're insufferable!" Killer retorted back at him, the chair creaking violently under his weight. "you were supposed to be in on this too, but you dipped on us, you and horror both! you'd still have that stupid brother of yours if you hadn't disappeared on us in the first place."

The atmosphere felt hostile as something purple began to glow under Dust's hood as he pushed himself off the wall and began walking towards Killer with murderous intent. Error was about to pull him back, but you already let your grip go from Sans' arm and got to him first.