Chapter 8: Rooftop

"(Y/n)!" You heard your brother call out to you excitedly.

"Percy!" You call out back to him, equally excited.

He began to run towards you. "(Y/N)!"

You spread your arms, a threatening smile plastered on your face. ". . . Percy!"

Percy slowly broke into a cold sweat. "(Y/n) . . ?"

Before he could get the chance to run away from you, you grabbed him by the arm and brought him down into a not-so-gentle chokehold. "Hey, bro! I thought you said you'd visit last year."

You didn't hesitate to rub your knuckles roughly on top of his head. Despite being in pain, Percy laughed. "Happy to see you too! Now let me go before the security accuses you of harassment by accident again."

You let him go and briefly glanced at Red and Dance. "You know about the situation at my place, right?"

He gave the two skeletons a curt nod. "Yeah, I do. To be honest, I didn't believe you at first, but you somehow convinced me pretty well back there."

"I wouldn't believe myself either," you said. "So! Red, Dance? This is my brother, Percy! Percy, these are my friends, Red and Dance."

"Interesting names you got there." Percy gave them a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you guys. Hopefully I won't be too much of a bother.

Dance made brief eye contact with Red before shrugging his shoulders. "nah, you're good."

"Now that introductions are finished," you gestured towards the multiple carts that held Percy's belongings. "Let's leave before the others destroy the house or something."

"Before that, can we get something to eat?" Percy asked. "I didn't get to do so before my flight, so I'm starving."

"Sure, let's bring home some snacks as well," you declared. "You guys go ahead, though; I need to go to the bathroom."

When you left, the three boys began to make their way into the food court. To their relief, not many people were around, so the two skeletons didn't have to worry about hiding their identities in the meantime. While the three of them waited for their order, Dance's mind was circling with numerous questions.

You . . . surprisingly, have a brother, just like the rest of them; that's cool. Percy seemed friendly enough, judging from his reaction to their appearance, but that's the question. Why wasn't he freaking out?

"hey." Dance perked up from his thinking session and saw Red decide to ask the exact same question running through his mind. "not to sound rude, but why the hell aren't you freaking out about—"

He comically gestured towards both of them. "us?"

A sudden flash of something that Dance couldn't pinpoint shone through Percy's eyes. "You guys seem fun to be around, and my sister says your company is enjoyable, so why should I be?"

"are you sure that's the only reason?" Dance mumbled, still in doubt.

Percy smiled. "Positive."

he's hiding something. He thought.

"So," Percy said, clasping both of his hands together. "How'd you guys end up in (Y/n)'s house?"

"straight to the point, huh?" Dance almost rolled his eyes. "we fell through a portal and ended up there."

"I see." Percy let out a sigh. "Sorry if I feel offended by both of you. I know I said I'm not freaking out, but I'm still grasping the fact that you guys actually . . . exist."