6. Hero Musuem Event

My eyes gazed at the ancient piece of armor that was in front of me. It was encased inside glass and a white light shined upon on it, sparkling its embroidery. Despite its harsh history, there were no tears or marks; its color was still brightly bold with splashes of red, white, and blue. This had been through countless battles and was worn by one of humanity's strongest. As I stared at it, I felt a sense of awe...well, sorta. I probably would've found it more amazing if it weren't a piece of undies.

"Wow. I can't believe they actually have All Might's underpants on display," Hiro remarked. His eyes scanned the garment of marvel, looking up and down and around. "I'm surprised that it's in such good condition. It's so shiny and everything! Look, there's even designs on the back... Er, I hope that's not what I think it is."

I scrunched my nose "Uh, no, let's not go there." Turning my heels, I left him and the fantastical pair of undies to themselves.

Hiro and I were visiting the new hero museum that recently opened. Costumes, gadgets, photos, artwork, videos, and basically anything belonging to heroes were up for display. Some of those things were strange, like All Might's old undies. Earlier before, they had one of Eraserhead's used eyedrop containers from his high school days. A lot of people were going bonkers over something as normal as that.

I let out a sigh, reminded that weird people existed in this world. Shortly after, I heard Hiro's footsteps from behind.

"So luckily, that one part was just the design. Well, I'm sure it was at least. I guess there was nothing to panic about, after all!" he remarked, catching up.

I nodded. "I mean, they wash everything before displaying, right? It wouldn't be ok to display something like that..."

"Right! They wouldn't do that especially if people are going to see it. Just imagine how humiliating it would be..."

"Yeah, for both the viewers and All Might."

We both chuckled through our teeth.

"A-anyway, enough about that. How's school?"

Just as I was about to reply, the door gets kicked down. A group of people wearing all red appeared with large bags in their hands. Some of them had weapons like bats and knives; others had their Quirks activated.

"Don't let anyone set a single foot out of this room!" A big man with horns barked.

The intruders charged in, grabbing anyone hostage. People ran and screamed and tried to call for help, but their efforts were in vain. Seeing the ensuring chaos, Hiro and I ran. We both sprinted, dodging fleeing civilians and rampaging villains. People were getting captured left and right, many of them trying to escape into the hallway which is where we were going. But it was no use. The intruders had sealed the door shut by using their Quirk. Long, spiky purple vines blocked the handles preventing anyone from escaping.

"Behind!" Hiro warned. Peeking over my shoulder, I saw an old painting of Gran Torino soaring at me. I barely got a step in when it zips past me, grazing my shoulder, and crashes into a red-clothed intruder that was in front.

"Woah. I definitely didn't notice that guy," I said with a nervous laugh.

I saw that there was an air vent on the wall. It was big, big enough for me to fit inside at least. Lifting his foot, Hiro gave it a good kick. With a metallic clang! the bars broke and he ripped it off.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked.

He grabbed my shoulders and shoved me inside, shushing me. "Make sure you find a way out, okay? And call for help too."