Dr. Fuji

Ash barely noticed when Dr.Fuji came in, his brain just barely recognizing the familiar sound of the scientist's shoes clicking against the linoleum floors. "Today we'll start off with a quick check up." Dr.Fuji said, smiling and patting the small boy's head. Ash nodded slightly, relaxing his body as much as he could.

The scientist called his assistant over, removing his hand from Ash's head as he did so. The assistant, Jerry, Ash remembered, walked over quickly, standing still beside Dr.Fuji. The sadistic scientist pushed the child into the floor, having his assistant take note of Ash's lack of reaction.

"Tell me when you can feel the pain. A quick shake of the head will do." Dr.Fuji stated, receiving only a small nod in response. Ash quickly felt himself be lifted off of the ground, and not long after he was slammed into the wall.

Ash, once again, had little reaction to the violence he was being subjected to. "Hm. Interesting. Jerry, write down his reaction." Dr. Fuji said, clicking his tongue, and folding his arms behind his back. Dr. Fuji walked over to Ash slowly, looking down at him with a gaze that could only be described as analytical.

Dr. Fuji stood in front of Ash for a few seconds before kicking him in the side, causing Ash to roll a few feet away. Ash gasped, and curled up a little, then nodded.

Dr. Fuji sighed, as if satisfied by this, and turned towards Jerry. "Write that down." Dr. Fuji told his assistant, who immediately wrote down what he was told to write down.

Dr. Fuji turned back towards Ash, and smiled softly, as if he was proud of Ash or something. "I've found what I need. The check up is over. It's time to get to today's agenda." Dr. Fuji said softly.

"Okay sir." Ash said quietly. If he was honest, Dr. Fuji was his favorite. Ash knew he probably shouldn't have a favorite at all, considering how wrong this was, but he liked Dr. Fuji the most anyways. Dr. Fuji gave a few words of praise if Ash managed to complete whatever the task was, the other scientists didn't.

Dr. Namba laughed at Dr. Fuji, and Dr. Fuji turned towards the other, glaring coldly. "What is it, Namba." Dr. Fuji demanded, annoyed with Dr. Namba. "As if you actually have an agenda. You just do whatever the boy reacts to." Dr. Namba said, still laughing quietly. Dr. Fuji glared at Dr. Namba, then turned back to Ash, snapping his fingers once as he did so.

As if on cue, which it probably was, Jerry immediately grabbed a bucket of balls, carrying it over to Dr. Fuji's side. "Stand up." Dr. Fuji said, and Ash, knowing he was the only one that the scientist could be referring to, quickly stood up.

Dr. Fuji smiled, picking up what looked to be a foursquare ball (also known as the ball used for kickball) out of the bucket. "Now, today I'll be throwing balls at you. Once you stop flinching or reacting to one ball, I'll start throwing another ball. The order for the balls is as follows. Foursquare ball, dodgeball ball, the soft one used in schools, not the rubber one. Now, the list continues onto volleyball ball, softball ball, baseball ball, and then tennis ball." Dr. Fuji said, smiling, as he held the foursquare ball.

Ash made no reaction to what he was told, as if he hadn't even been listening, although he had, of course, and Dr. Fuji nodded. Jerry had a clipboard out, a pen in his hand, ready to record the results of Dr. Fuji's experiment.

Dr. Fuji chuckled, then threw the foursquare ball at Ash, not giving a word of warning to the poor boy. Ash, having spaced out for a second, didn't even flinch as the ball hit his face. He blinked a few times, once again aware of his surroundings.

Dr. Fuji nodded, and his assistant noted down the result of the first throw. The scientist quickly grabbed the ball as it bounced towards him, although it more so rolled to his feet by the time it reached him. The scientist threw the ball at the poor boy once more, this time aiming lower.

The ball hit Ash's stomach, and he winced, causing the sadistic scientist to click his tongue. Jerry just jotted down the results of the second throw, not making any comment. Once again, Dr. Fuji threw the ball at Ash's stomach, said male wincing on impact once again. This cycle repeated about two more times, but on the six throw, Ash didn't wince, instead just standing there as if it didn't happen.

Dr. Fuji, of course, couldn't help but to say something. "Finally. Good job. Now, it's time to start throwing the dodgeball ball." Dr. Fuji exclaimed happily. Jerry didn't say anything, having done nothing but jot down the results of every throw anyways.

Of course, though, nothing could ever go as planned when it came to Ash.

Three scientists, one's Ash had never seen before, strolled in casually. One scientist had magenta hair, French braided into a ponytail. This scientist appeared to be female, and she wore a white lab coat, as did the other two with her. She did, however appear to be wearing a pajama suit underneath the lab coat.

Another scientist with her had lavender hair, which was spiked into a Mohawk, something Ash had never seen during his time spent in this place. This scientist, appearing to be male, also wore pajamas underneath his lab coat.

The last scientist wore sunglasses, having a bright yellow ponytail. This scientist, like the last, seemed to be male as well, although he wore his lab coat buttoned up, so it was hard to tell what he was wearing underneath, and he was much shorter than the other two.

"Who are you three? Why are you here?" Dr. Fuji asked, irritated. Dr. Namba squinted, and pointed at the shortest one. "Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" He demanded, slightly suspicious of the three. The scientist with magenta hair introduced all three of them,  putting her hands on her hips, like it was some great insult that the scientists didn't know how the three were.

"We are scientists who were told to get the tw- the boy, his Pokémon, and bring them to the boss. And my friend here wears sunglasses inside because he has terrible pinkeye right now." The lady stated, her arms on her hips. Dr. Fuji grumbled something about his fun being ruined, not that Ash could quite hear what the man was saying.

"And your names?" Dr. Namba said, as if he didn't believe a word the woman said. Ash of course, was confused, but he didn't dare speak up. "My name is Matiah. My friend with the Lavender hair is Arlo, and my other friend here is Lorik." The scientist, Matiah, said, and began to walk towards Ash. Ash didn't move any, and neither did Dr. Namba, Dr. Fuji, or their assistants.

The three scientists quickly began to drag Ash with them, said boy not protesting in the least. Soon Lorik left the group, much to Ash's confusion. It wasn't until a few minutes later that Lorik returned, carrying none other than Pikachu.

Ash glanced at Pikachu, who glanced back, but neither said anything or made a move to escape. Ten minutes later, Ash and Pikachu were lead onto a helicopter by the three scientists. Not a word had been spoken, and not a single member of Team Rocket had questioned them as they walked.

"Tw- Ash, sit down and put on the earmuffs." Arlo said, and of course Ash did what he was told, not even bothering to question what was happening. Matiah climbed into the pilot's seat, Arlo climbing into the passenger's seat next to her. They both sighed, confusing Ash even more, but he just sat there quietly, fidgeting with his hands as he tried to distract himself from the need to have Pikachu in his arms.

Lorik climbed in next to Ash, handing Pikachu to the poor boy, and putting on earmuffs as well. Ash sighed in relief, holding his buddy tightly, and smiling slightly. He was happy to be able to have his partner in his arms again. Pikachu smiled happily, and sat in Lance's lap, getting comfortable.