008

Grace was becoming more and more worried about Megan. She knew her sister. And she knew that she wasn't herself. She knew that she just wanted her to be okay.

Grace knew how Megan was pushing everyone away. And she knew just how hard things were.

Grace knew how she had ended it with Max and she didn't care.

She knew what she and Max had. She knew how good that they were. But it was just sex.  Grace knew that Megan had to come first and it wasn't easy.

Grace stood in her flat and sighed. She was trying to call Steph. She knew how she told Steph that she had to come back for Megan. And she had no idea if she was or if she had come back home yet. But she was worried.

Grace knew that she just wanted Megan to be okay. She knew it scared her.

Grace got ready for work. She walked down into the kitchen as she heard a knock at the door. She stood up and answered it and Max.

She rolled her eyes as she looked to him."What do you want?" She asked.

Max looked to her and sighed. "Don't be like that Grace. I just want to talk," he said.

Grace looked to him and rolled her eyes. "How can I talk to you when won't listen to me? I told you not to do anything when it came to Megan and James. And you called the police. You can't listen to me. So I have nothing to say to you," she said as she slammed the door shut.

****

Grace got to work. She walked into the staffroom and looked to see Tom as he walked in. "What has she done now?" Grace asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

Tom sighed and smiled. "She is in the cooler. She threw a chair at Grantly. This can't keep going on Grace. Both you and I know it," he said.

Grace nodded. She looked to him.  "I know. I am going to sort it. It will be okay. I am trying to get in contact with my mum. But you know what she's like. Give me two days. If not then I'll call the social myself. I am trying my best."

"I know you are. None of this is your fault," Tom said as Grace looked to him and smiled.

She had no idea what to do anymore.

****

Grace frowned as she got home. She heard a knock at the door and saw Max. "I thought I told you."

"It's Megan...your mum got home...she found her in a bad way," Max said as Grace frowned.

She felt sick at the thought."What happened?" She asked.

Max sighed. "I don't know. I know your mum got home...she found her. That's all I know," he said as Grace looked to him and frowned. She felt sick with worry.

She knew that there was something going on with her sister. And she just wanted her to be okay.

But the question was, was Megan really okay? And just what had happened?