010

Grace got to the hospital. She knew how things were and how none of it was easy. But she knew how she wanted to be there for Megan.

She knew how she felt as if she had let her sister down. And she knew that Megan needed her. And she wasn't going to turn her back on her when she needed her.

"Hey how are you doing?" Grace asked as she walked into Megan's room.

Megan looked to her and sighed. "They put me on meds. They think I have psychotic depression. I'm not crazy," she said.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I know that you're not. You just need some help to get better that's all. Everyone is worried about you." 

Megan looked to her and smiled. "Mum isn't. She hasn't been to see me."

"Yeah well I had a go at her for not being there for you. I think that she is feeling guilty," Grace said.

Megan sighed. "What do you think caused this?" She asked as she took a sip of her water.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I don't know babes. I don't think there's an answer. I just think it is something that happened to you. Look I know it's a lot for you to take on. And I know that your scared. I am here for you. And you are going to be okay," she said as Megan looked to her and smiled.

She hoped that she was right. She knew it wasn't easy.

****

Grace got to the school as she walked into Steph's classroom and looked to her. "I take it what I said sunk in to you. Megan is scared. And she needs you. You can't be there for her. What is wrong with you?" Grace asked.

Steph looked to her and sighed. "Don't you think I want to be there for her, I do. But you were right. I let her down. I wasn't there and I should have been there to see it," Steph said.

Grace looked to her and sighed. "Yeah you should have. But it doesn't matter now. She's scared. She's a kid. And she's alone. She needs her mum. She's been diagnosed. And she's worried they will section her," she said.

Steph looked to her and nodded. "I won't let that happen. She just needs a bit of help. And she'll be fine"

"It will take more than that. She needs you. She needs her mum," Grace said.

****

Grace sat in her flat as she heard a knock at the door. She answered it as she saw Max and smiled. "I heard about Megan. I'm sorry. I wanted to check if you were okay," he said.

Grace looked to him and smiled. "I'm okay. I just want her to be okay. A lot had happened. And she's my sister. I need her to be okay," she said.

Max pulled her close and hugged her and smiled.

"It will be okay. I'm here for you, no matter what," Max said as Grace smiled.

But would everything really be okay?