4 Bruises and Scars.

Alex jogs over to the bleachers soaked in sweat. I make a face handing him a bottle of water that he drinks three fourths of right away. He pours the rest over his head, then shakes, making water and sweat his me. I scream putting my hands up as protection.

He laughs, "What Scarlete? You don't like that?"

I stick my tongue out at him, "You know I don't." He steps closer wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You don't complain in bed when my sweat gets on you."

I blush, and someone clears their throat behind me. Even if Alex hadn't stiffened I would have known who it was. Is clearing his throat like his trade mark or something?

"Alex, hit the showers." Alex makes a face, "Unless you want to run extra laps."

He groans letting go of my waist, "Be right back Scarlete."

Alex jogs to the locker rooms and I turn to Mr. Blake arms crossed.

"I'm pretty sure we weren't doing anything wrong."

He smiles, "I'd rather not hear about him getting sweat on you in bed."

I fight it but my cheeks still turn red. Teachers aren't supposed to say things like that. What's this guys problem?

"What is your problem?" I ask him. At this he looks shocked.

"What do you mean?"

I sigh, "I mean why do you talk to me like that? As a teacher you shouldn't."

He frowns, "I'm trying to protect you."

That actually makes me laugh, "Protect me? You call teasing me about my sex life protecting me?" I start to get mad, "If you wanted to protect me you would leave Alex and I alone."

He opens his mouth to respond but Alex is already making his way towards us.

"You ready to go?" He asks wrapping a arm around my waist. I give Mr. Blake a look then lean up and kiss Alex right on the mouth.

"Absolutely."

..

An hour and a half later I'm kissing Alex in my driveway. My new cast on the back of his neck. My hand is broken.

Alex pulls away placing his forehead on mine.

"Scarlete, I am so sorry about your hand." He looks deep into my eyes and I start to get lost in caramel. "Sometimes I wish you had never met me. But then my heart breaks from the thought." He kisses my lips and I let my body take control as my brain turns to mush. Alex picks me up, I wrap my arms and legs around him. He carries me towards the house.

He's about halfway up the driveway, still kissing me when someone drives by honking their horn. I drop me feet to the ground, as Alex still keeps hold of me. I start to fall backwards before he tightens his hold on my waist pulling me back towards him.

"You okay?" He asks as he flips off the car.

I nod my head, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Holdens pov (Mr. Blake)

I'm driving home thinking about my first day of school. It was all fine except for Scarlete and her boyfriend. How could she let him do that to her? He broke her hand right in front of me and then she blatantly denied it. Why was she protecting him? My hands tighten on the wheel as I think this over.

Then I see them. Scarlete is being carried up a driveway by Alex. Her legs and arms around him. I'm positive that their mouths would make a lid-off-the-Tupperware-container sound if they disconnected their lips. I grit my teeth as her casted hand finds his hair.