36. Bruises and Scars.

TUESDAY

January the 25th.

I know that the guilt was supposed to hit me at some point, but so far it hasn't. All I can think about is just how perfectly we fit together.

And I'll admit- shame on me for even thinking this about my fiancee- that I can't help but think that sex with Holden is more intimate than it is with Alex.

We made love a few more times the night that I slept over and at first I didn't want too; because Ellie was in the other room, but Holden convinced me. It was an all around amazing night.

When we left the bedroom that morning Ellie didn't say anything about it but she did- very briefly- give us both a disappointed look.

I left a few hours after that and went too see Alex. Who tried to apologize repetidly but I told him to forget about it.

On Monday when I saw Holden all I could manage to do was blush as my heart started to race. Alex actually whispered over to me asking if I was okay, I looked really over heated apparently.

I stayed quiet during class and Holden barely payed any attention to me. Which made me a little worried.

Was he going to pretend that nothing happened?

Did he really just use me for sex? I'm engaged!

I was starting to get really worked up about it; and a little angry when he told me to stay after class.

When everyone left the class he quickly closed the door before dragging me into the supply room: where he grabbed my face and kissed me.

"So we're okay?" I whispered.

He smiles, "Why wouldn't we be?"

"You ignored me all class."

"I knew if I really looked at you I would give some sort of hint about what happened. Which I'm sure wouldn't go down well."

"Oh." I say stupidly.

Of course he wasn't ignoring me for good.

His thumb rubs against my cheek, "Ellie is leaving tomorrow, do you want to come with me when I drive her too the airport.. and then we can go back to my place."

I shake my head, "My parents won't be home. Why don't you come to my house and I'll make you dinner?"

I hear a knock on the classroom door and he rolls his eyes, "My next class trying to get in. I locked the door."

I give a small laugh and he sighs, "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

I nod, "Yeah."

He kisses my lips once more and I pull away from him.

After school that day I hung out with Alex and he helped me with homework. Surprisingly he hasn't tried to make love to me yet, and I'll admit that I'm happy he hasn't.

Now today it's Tuesday and I'm currently in the front seat with Holdens hand resting lightly on my leg. Ellie is in the back seat and she doesn't look all that happy.

I clear my throat; breaking the silence, "So Ellie are you excited to go home?"

She shrugs, "I get to see Kirk but at the same time I'm going to miss Holden." Ellie shoves his arm playfully and he laughs.

"I'll miss you too, maybe we'll come visit you."

"We'll?" She asks.

He nods, "Scarlete you'd want to go right?"