8. Bruises and scars.

THURSDAY

September the 9th.

I slam my pencil down in frustration, "I give up!" I growl.

Alex tries to hide a smile, "Scarlete, it's not as difficult as you're making it."

I give him a dirty look, "Easy for you to say. You get this crap."

He laughs then quickly covers it with a cough, "Come on. Let's work a little longer."

"We've been working for over two hours." I whine.

Alex looks amused, "It's been thirty minutes. We're in a study that's only an hour long."

I glare at him picking up my pencil, "Even if we did work on it for two hours I wouldn't get it." I mumble.

He smiles at me before once again explaining the math in front of me.

It's been almost a week since mine and Mr. Blakes fight in my driveway. We both pretty much completely ignore each other. We of course don't make it too obvious because someone might notice if he skipped right over my name during attendance or something. When I say someone I mean Alex. Who after he woke up had no recollection of anything that happened with 'Spencer.' So nothing really changed. Alex and I still hate Mr. Blake. I go to all of Alexs football practices and struggle in math.

I vicously erase the problem when Alex grabs my hand, "Hey, you had that right." He smiles at me. "Have more faith in yourself."

I groan putting my head on the desk, "It's hopeless. I'm going to completely fail my test next period."

He rubs my back, "No you won't."

I peek up at him, "How do you know?"

Alex smiles and my eyes find his dimples, "Because you have me as your tutor. Now come on we still have twenty minutes."

I let him pull me up and I stare at the page, the numbers staring right back.

Soon Alex is kissing me goodbye and wishing me luck before I trudge to math.

I don't bother making small talk with Spencer as I try to remember everything Alex told me. The test is set in front of me and I write my name on the top before looking at the clock. Taking a deep breathe I look at the first problem. I have 45 minutes to do this test.

Holdens pov

We just finish warming up when Alex jogs over to me, "Um coach," he nod his head behind me. "Can I go talk to her?"

Scarlete is walking towards us rubbing her temples. I sigh, "You have two minutes."

He grins, "Got it."

He jogs over to her and takes her shoulders into his hands, ducking his head down to her level.

I can't hear what he's saying but she shakes her head before he kisses her. Scarlete shoo's him back to practice before she moves to sit under the bleachers. I hold back a smile. What is she doing?

I tell the team to play a quick game and wait until they've started before I peek under the bleachers.

"What are you doing?" I ask Scarlete. She's laying on her back both knees bent. Her arm covering her eyes. She looks under her arm at me.

"I have a headache, because I just took a really long math test. I wanted to be out of the sun."

I smile, "Want some ibuprofen?"

She sits up, "Do you have some?"

I nod and wave for her to follow, "Come on."

She hops up and follows me to my bag. I pull out the medicine bottle. Opening the child proof cap, I shake some into my palm, "Two or three?"