29. Bruises and Scars.

TUESDAY

December the 21st.

I love being lazy, especially when your boyfriend likes being lazy as much as you do. I sigh stretching across the bed, only to end up with my chest across Alexs stomach. My legs are hanging off the side of the bed and Alex laughs.

"What are you doing?"

"Being lazy."

His fingers run through my hair, "Like that?"

I lift his shirt and kiss his belly, "Yes."

He laughs again as my lips tickle him and he grabs my arm, "Come up here."

I smile and move until my chest is pressed to his and my legs are off to the side. I grin down at him, "What?"

His eyes travel to my lips and he holds my hair back from my face, "I love you." He murmurs.

I lean down and kiss his lips, "I love you too."

Alex nips my lip and then lays his head back down onto the pillow. I smile down at him and my eyes trace over his face. "You're so pretty." I sigh.

He raises an eyebrow, "Thank you?"

I move so that I'm laying next to him and he moves onto his side, his head on his hand, "You seem different lately."

I look over at him, "What do you mean?"

"You're happier," his hand runs over my stomach, "and a lot more..." He pauses searching for a word, "Care free."

If anything I'm less care free. I'm constantly stressing over Holden.

"I am?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah. Have you been doing anything different?"

Other then constantly making out with our teacher behind your back? "No."

Alex runs a finger across my cheek, "Well you have been spending a lot of time with your moms friend. Maybe it's that."

It's not really my moms friend though. It's Holden.

I force a smile onto my face though, "Yeah maybe."

"What do you guys do when you're over there?"

He doesn't really seem like he's listening as he plays with a strand of my hair, "Um.. mostly college."

I want to change the subject so I just blurt out the first thing I think of, "Hey, Alex when are we going to take that trip to Florida?"

He shrugs still playing with my hair, "Maybe next week? We have two weeks off for vacation."

My first thought is that I won't be able to see Holden. I shake that away quickly. Maybe a week away from him would be good for me. I nod smiling, "Sounds good to me."

"We'll have to go after Christmas of course."

I nod, "We could leave the day after Christmas and be back the day before New years. That way we miss neither holiday."

Alex pulls me into him, "I can't wait."

I smile, "Me either."

But actually my stomach just dropped. How am I going to tell Holden?

Then again why am I worried about telling him? We're not dating so it shouldn't matter.

I feel Alexs lips find my neck and I tilt my head back my mind still spinning with questions.