23 Bruises and Scars.

HOLDENS

When I wake up I feel something warm pressed against me. I cuddle closer and sigh. Then everything comes back to me. I open my eyes and smile when I see Scarlete still asleep and curled into my chest. I push hair from her face and kiss her forehead.

My lips are still pressed against her when I hear what must have woken me up. There's pounding on the door. I raise an eyebrow and as carefully as I can unwrap myself from Scarlete.

She rolls over sighing and wiggles into the spot that I just left. I smile thinking about how lucky I am. I mean she's not actually mine but I doubt this will ever happen again so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

There's more knocks on the door which remind me that someone is there and I go into the hallway and open the door.

My heart stops when I see who it is. As soon as they see me they both smile and my mom throws her arms around my neck.

"Holden baby, I haven't seen you in so long."

I swallow roughly, my throat all of a sudden dry. I have Scarlete on my couch, a student on my couch.. in my clothes.. and my parents are here. Shoot me now.

"Hey, mom." My dad steps in and claps me on the back.

"Hey Holden, how have you been?"

I shrug trying to find words, "I just saw you both on Thanksgiving."

My mother waves that away, "Holden we barely even saw you. You sat with your brother at the end of the table."

"Holden?" Scarletes voice comes from the living room.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

My moms mouth falls open, "Do you have a girl here?" My dad asks,

My moms shocked expression turns to a grin, "Holden! You have a girlfriend!"

"What?" I ask, "No, I-" But it's to late. Scarlete has already rounded the corner all tussled from sleep. I hold in a string of swear words. She looks like we had sex and she just woke up from the after sex nap.

I give her a weak smile and she raises an eyebrow. My mother runs over and squeezes Scarletes face between her hands, making her lips puff out, "Holden she's so pretty."

Scarlete looks at my mother wide-eyed.

"Holden why didn'y you tell us?"

My mother grins, "Especially when she's this pretty." She angels Scarletes face towards my dad, "Howard isn't she just gorgeous."

"Mooomm." I whine.

My mother smiles at me and then sees my tortured expression, "Oh sorry baby."

I want to shoot myself in the face.

My mother lets Scarlete go and I walk over and take her hand, "Mom, dad why don't you go sit in the kitchen. I just want to talk to Scarlete for a second."

My mother giggles, "Okay."

My dad smiles, "Come on Karrie, these to lovers want to be alone." He winks at us and as soon as they enter the kitchen I cover my face with my hands.

"Shit I am so sorry Scarlete. They just showed up."

She looks at me wide eyed, "Holden, what the hell. You told them I was your girlfriend?"

I grab her shoulders, "No I didn't. They heard you in the living room and they just assumed. Then you walked out like.." I pause and motion towards her, "Like this."