Sixteen

italicized means under water sign language

Bold is when they are connected to the spirit tree

Follow us, I sign under the water. Everything in me is filled with excitement as we ride our ilus under the water to the cove of ancestors.

This place is always a rush of every emotion you can think of.

Tuk and Kiri ride beside me. Tuk smiles and waves, and I return the greeting. She is such a sweetheart.

We all ride through coral and kelp as we approach the big area.

Underneath the rocks, we go up. Neteyam comes next to me, and runs his ilu into mine as a joke.

I glare at him sarcastically and then laugh. "Look." Tsireya says in front of us.

Everyone looks towards the opening, and though I've been here many times before, I'm still amazed by its beauty.

Our floating rocks are all over, and there are the rocks that almost form a circle.

Birds fly around on the rocks, the greenery blows in the wind. It is one of my favorite places to be. 

I wonder what the Omaticaya's spirit tree looks like.

"Wow." Neteyam whispers beside me. A smile crosses his face, coming from the beauty.

Tuk giggles from beside me and Kiris mouth is still open. "Nia, this is so beautiful." She says, still looking forward.

"Yes it is, eclipse is the best time to come." I look up to the sky and still see the little sliver of the bright sun.

"Wait, where is your tree?" Tuk asks.

I look to Tsireya and smile. Over on the side, Roxto, and Aonung laugh quietly.

"Come everyone!" Tsireya exclaims.

We all follow her. I know where she is going, but no one knows where the tree is.

Neteyam looks over to me, brushing his leg against mine. His hair flows around his face.

I glance over and let his contagious smile make one on my face.

"What does your tree look like?" I ask.

The two of us slow down, becoming the last two of the group.

"Hmm," He hums, thinking. "It is white, and flows in the wind. Around it is the circle rocks like yours. And there is a patch of land in front of it that you can pray on."

"Plants grow around it, and it lights up all of our people." He pauses for a moment as our leg brushes again. "It's undescribable."

"It sounds amazing." His explanation was brief, but so imaginative at the same time.

It is still one of my dreams to visit his home. Now that we are friends, maybe I can invite him too.

"What do you think you're going to see?" He asks, quietly.

I take a deep breath. "I have no idea."

There could be an array of things. The future, my friends, Aytio. The thought of it makes my skin have chills. It would be crazy.

"What about you, Jungle Boy?"

He shrugs.

"This is our spirit tree." Tsireya says enthusiastically while gesturing to the glowing tree underneath the water.

They all look down, their faces becoming more amazed. 

I climb off of Roisu, into the water, looking up as everyone follows. Neteyam, Tuk, this way