Thirty- Two

Rain falls once again. This time of the year is when rain is most common. It is when Ni'awtu is the happiest.

And it helps when her life has been flipped upside down, moved over, and spun, in the best way it could have. 

Kiri, Ni'awtu, Tsireya, Lo'ak, Tuk, Roxto, and Neteyam all sit together in the Sullys marui around the warm fire. The seven of them have been here all day.

A regular rainy day, the children would still be out. But it is not a regular normal day. Tonowari, Ronal, and their children came to the Sullys marui to get the parents. Then they left, leaving the kids all together and telling them to stay. It wasn't a normal day, but no one knew why.

Ni'awtu, Tsireya, and Aonungs parents seemed fine, and didn't say anything to the kids. Neither did the Sullys.

Aonung had left right after their parents did, and Roxto stayed instead. 

"Can we just go play?" Tuk tugs on her brothers arm from next to him. Lo'ak shakes his head and shrugs away from her.

"No Tuk, they said to stay here." Her little sigh sounds as she sits back down next to him.

"But why?" Roxto asks once again.

"Guys, we've been over this so many times. They just needed to talk." Ni'awtu says, calming the situation. Neteyam nods from next to her.

Tsireyas eyes fall between them. Since getting the secret a couple days ago, she hasn't been able to help but notice how obvious it is.

It is so hidden, but in the most obvious way.

"Yeah Roxto." Tsireya teases.

His eyes turn up with attitude back at her. Kiri laughs quietly at their dumb attitude.

"Stop acting like a child." Tsireya says, even though she started it.

The group laughs at them, instantly taking sides as everyone begins to talk.

"Skxawngs." Nia says to Kiri. No one can hear them except Neteyam who listens in.

Kiri nods and watches the dumb group.

"Wait, guys, what's going on?"Roxto looks out the marui door, people rush past it, all running towards one spot.

"I don't know." Tsireya stands, grabbing Lo'aks hand. Ni'awtu does the same with Neteyam, sharing a worried look. The rest of them follow Nia in standing.

And then they rush out towards the commotion among a circle of people. The kids parents got back, and they stand together in the center of the rest of the people.

Ni'awtu and Neteyam push their way towards the front, Tuk following.

"No, Tuk go back." Neteyam orders, pressing his hand on her back. He can tell something is wrong with their parents. Nia can as well. Her mother eyes and cheeks are puffy from crying.

"But I want to stay with you." Tuk whines.

Nia shares a look with Neteyam. He tilts his head and shrugs. She grabs Tuks hand in comfort after Neteyams looks. As Nia let's out a deep breath, she notices her sister on the other side, wearing yet another confused face.

"Neteyam!" Jake says, grabbing Neteyam shoulder. In his hand is a red cylinder device. Ni'awtu has never seen anything like this.

Both her and Neteyams eyes turn scared. She watches closely as the two of them exchange looks.

"Hold onto this." Neteyam nods once, grabbing it from his father.

"Neteyam, what is that?" Ni'awtu asks, grabbing his arm with her free hand. Her face is very concerned, someone needs to explain.