Twenty- Six

The rain pounds down hard today outside of the little canopy. The scent of the rain and the small fire is the only thing that my nose picks up.

Neteyam and Tuks voices are the only ones I can hear. The door is closed, so the rain doesn't get in. It is only the three of us.

Neteyam and I didn't say anything almost the entire time, after we confessed in the tree two days ago. We sat there, laughing and starring at one another. Eventually, I fell asleep on his lap. But he woke me up in enough time to get home before eclipse.

They sit one of the walls with a soft seabraided blanket I made a long time ago. We are close to the fire due to the marui being so small. 

This is one of the ones our village has just around for new families. Teenagers use it a lot to hang out, and elders use it sometimes for different uses.

The two siblings both are happy. Neteyam tells a story, enthusiastically, running his hands all over and using his voice for all different sounds.

My head is rest on Neteyam thigh, and I lie sideways, looking to the fire.

"-its true, our great great grandfather was one of the great leaders in contact with the other clans along the sea."

I turn so my neck rests on him and look at Tuk. She looks confused like she seriously doubts what he is saying.

I don't even think Neteyam knows what he is saying.

I love to hear him talk though. He is a great story teller, especially for Tuk'tirey.

Their relationship is one I admire greatly. He is always there for her, and looking out for her. He takes her out to play when no one else will, he holds her hand when no one else will.

Though, he is like that for everyone. Our clan, and his whole family.

They are amazing. It makes me think about what would happen if we had kids.

It was only a small thought that passed by when I saw the two of them playing this morning. Children are not on my mind. They never really have been either.

"I dont believe you." She turns up her head, and crosses her arms, trying to show her confidence.

A smile falls on my face as I watch his face retrack from disbelief.

"Sister, you're going to have to ask mom then. She knows all about it."

"I will." Her stubbornness shows in her voice. I visualize Neytiri telling Tuk the story.

It sounds amazing, she is probably an amazing storyteller. It is only something I can hope for and look forward to.

"You prove him wrong little Tuk." I say quietly.

Last night, I hardly got any sleep. My mind was full of thoughts.

Neteyam and I hadn't seen each other all day, so I had to keep in little things that I wanted to say, or things I had to do.

"Hey!" He looks down at me, his hair falling and framing his face.

I reach up and grab his necklace, holding it in my hand. I cant wait until he makes me one.

"Nia, are you my sister?" Tuks says out of no where. I point my head down further to fully look at her.

My eyes go wide and my heart starts beating. My hand drops from Neteyams necklace.

There is no reason she should be saying that. She knows I am not, Tuk is a genius child.

Laughing I look awkwardly to Neteyam and back to her. "I am not Tuk. Although, I wish I was because I would have the best family in the world!" I reach out and tickle her stomach.