Epilogue

Two years later

She follows him this time. It is rare that this happens.

But she feels that it is the right time for this.

This night is the night where she is ready to let it all go. They will change for the rest of their lives.

This moment has been something theyve waited for over two years.

Ni'awtu and Neteyam have made it through wars, unsteadiness, aging, family.

All of the things that may seem impossible.

"My love," Neteyam says, slowing down, and letting his ilu stop.

Ni'awtu rides on the back of it, watching as they arrive at the cove of the ancestors. A place where they share great memories.

A place where they will make more.

It is fluorescent, the bright glow from the tree being one of the main light sources. It is their favorite time to come together.

The two of them hop off of the ilu, onto the sandy floor of the shore.

Neteyam tells his ilu to leave, and it does just that, leaving the two of them alone.

Both of their faces are covered in smiles that cannot be contained.

"Neteyam." Ni'awtu whispers, reaching for his face. "You are not real."

His laugh comes quietly, looking to each eye, exploring it. Its as if every time he looks into them, they change.

"Oh, trust me, water girl. I am all real." He jokes, in a cocky voice, changing into some weird pose. She shoves him a little bit while laughing at him. She knows how much he loves to be dramatic by now.

Her hands grab him once again, and then the two of them stop laughing, their eye contact falling into each others, serious again.

"My love," She whispers as they lean in.

Their bodies collide with each other, along with their lips. Everything since meeting each other, has led hp to this moment on the sand bar.

When she attacked him, the waterfall, the roots, and the rock where she cried. All leading up to this moment they can finally share with each other.

No one to stop them. No thoughts, no war. It is all finalizing and they can make their dream.

He pauses, looking to her. Their noses touch, and their breaths are heavy. "You want to do this?" His deep voice asks.

She nods against his forehead, grabbing onto her braid. How could he be asking this? "Ive always wanted this."

It was a small lie. In the start, she hated him. She would rather die than do this. But deep down, in the beginning, when she hated him, she wanted this. And she almost did die.

He grabs his as well. Their breaths become deeper at everything that is about to happen. It is unknown.

And then, they join them together.

Their eyes become dilated, and their breaths are swept up, yet again. This isnt even the whole thing, Nia thinks.

Her mind slowly becomes numb to everything, except for what is going on with him and what they are doing.

His kind runs wild thinking of all the things that they can do. He looks down at her, her body admiring it.

Their lips connect again, and they let themselves go. Completely and entirely each others.