Thirty- Three

As we wait on this almost abandon ship for someone to come save us it feels like an eternity. It feels like the suspense is ripping at us from everywhere all around.

Looking out onto the water, there is floating wreckage, and a few bodies. Human, and a few Metkayina. Part of my clan, my family, my people, have died. 

"Just wait Tuk, someone will come get us." I say, trying to comfort her. And convince myself. 

Tuks little hands hold onto my arm, looking around, just waiting for someone. My eyes move to Lo'ak from beside me. We share a knowing glance, before he looks past us, and to my sister.

He is just as worried as I am. No one could be coming, something could have happened. 

I doubt it, our families are very strong. Ive never seen anything like these demons and their devices though. They are also very strong. 

But I know Eywa is stronger. And I trust that we can get through this. 

As things begin to slow, and as we begin to bang on the railing, the exact person Ive been waiting for jumps up onto the ship.

My heart swells and for a moment,  everything in my mind is relieved. "Neteyam!" I scream, my voice turning raw for a moment. 

His eyes bear into mine, the same relief rushing over him. My eyes fills with tears for a moment before I blink them away. He is safe. 

As he runs towards us, his smile only grows. "My love." He says, not even worrying about our siblings. 

"Neteyam!" I yell. My eyes move around quickly to look to see if the others noticed. Of course they did. Tsireya has a smile on her face, and Lo'ak is shocked but says nothing. 

It doesnt even matter, I dont have the energy or time to worry about something so stupid. 

"My love?" Tuk asks, her face scrunching up, confused. 

"Do you need my help, little brother?" Neteyam asks, ignoring my scolding. He cuts off Tsireya first, then Tuk. 

"Get Tuk out of here." He demands her. 

"Hurry!" Lo'ak complains from beside me. 

Neteyam turns to me, once the girls leave. "Ni'awtu." His voice is relieved. 

I want to kiss him and nothing can stop me, not our time, not Lo'ak, not the judgement. So I press my lips against his grabbing his neck to press him against mine. Quickly afterwards, I move away. A smile is on his face, stunned. 

He doesnt cut it, just stares. "Jungle Boy, lets go."

"What the shit?" Lo'ak says from behind me. Everything in his voice is confused, and annoyed. 

"Lo'ak, I love your brother." A small laugh comes from Neteyam and I as he cuts me free. 

"Okay, go with them." He orders when I stand up. 

"No." I keep my stance next to him, staying put. I do not plan on leaving him again. 

"Nia." 

"No. Im staying with you." I persist. 

"Guys, come on!" Lo'ak says. 

Neteyam grunts, upset that I wont listen to him. I dont feel bad either. I dont want to leave him. I know my sister can handle Tuk. 

"Whos the mighty warrior now?" Neteyam asks as he works on his brother's hands. "Come on, say it." Lo'ak rolls his eyes. 

"Come on lets go." He says once Lo'ak is free. Neteyam walks to me, putting his hand on my waist to walk to the water. Pausing, I look to Lo'ak, who is beginning to pick up a gun. "Lo'ak!"

"They have Spider." The boy Kiri talked about. "We have to get him. Come on bro; we cant leave him." Lo'ak stands up, pleading for us to come with. 

Shit. "Neteyam come on." I say, siding with Lo'ak. I begin to walk towards him, and kneel down besides a body, searching for anything.  I find a large knife, tucked away in one of the neverending pockets. 

Neteyam growls, but stands up and sneaks with us into the ship. He curses and prays the entire time there. Mostly that nothing happens to me. 

The two of them guide me. This is nothing that Ive ever done before, and theyve trained to do things like this. 

As people cross under us, we pause and stay silent, waiting for them to pass. 

And then, finally, the boys jump down first, and I follow. My instinct kicks in as all of us begin to fight. My knife comes in handy when I turn around and a man is getting ready to shoot at me. 

I throw it at him, making it at my aimed spot, and then punch the man beside me. 

Finally, when everyone is down, I pant from the adrenaline rush. Ive never done anything like that before. Neteyam is stunned, and doesnt even acknowledge his friend.

I turn to the boy, Spider, and look at him. He has white hair, but styled kind of like Jakes. He has painted blue stripes all along his body, and wears nothing like the other humans. And last, he has a mask on over his face. I wonder what it is for. He is such a strange sight. 

"Thanks guys." He says. Lo'aks eyes move up to someone, and we instantly run to behind a wall.

Shots, fast, come shooting at us from the other side of the deck pool. I press my body against the cool metal, waiting for one of them to tell me what to do.

Everything in me is pumping from the excitement. My hands won't stop shaking and my mind is thinking of the possibilities.

"Give me that!" Neteyam yells to Lo'ak. Lo'ak hands him his gun, and he begins to shoot. "Go, go, go!" He yells at us. 

This is the one time I leave him, because I know he will follow me. 

The three of us all run and jump into the water quickly, swimming out of the way. Something is off about it though, I never swim like this. Still, I follow them.

And then I realize what it is.

They got me.