Chapter 4

Ian woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. He got up and grabbed the phone. "Hello?" Ian asked. "Hey Ian, it's Brice." The voice said in a saddened tone almost to the point of crying. "How's Derp doing?" Ian asked. "H-He's getting worse. He has been diagnosed with miligant lymphoma. He's coughing a lot and losing a lot of weight." Brice said. Ian was about to drop the phone. "I'll be over there soon! Tell Derp!" Ian yelled as he got dressed. "Ian? Where are you going? " Seto asked. Ian ignored his boyfriend as he grabbed his coat and ran out the door. Seto followed him. "Ian!" Seto yelled. Seto grabbed his arm. "Seto let go! I need to see Derp!" Ian yelled at Seto. Seto looked down. "I'm sorry Ian... go. " Seto smiled. Ian looked down. "No, I should be sorry. Come with me." Ian said in a soft tone. Seto grabbed a coat and ran with Ian.
-time skip-
Ian opened the door to see Derp on the bed and Brice on his left side. "Hey Derp. " Ian muttered. Brice looked up. " Hey...." Brice said with sadness. "Ian...." Derp said in a raspy tone. Ian hugged Derp tightly. "Ian, please. Let me try to look at him. Maybe I can make a potion for him." Seto whispered. However, Ian refused to let go of Derp. "Is it contagious? " Brice asked Seto. Seto shook his head. "Ian please...." Brice whispered. "Let Seto see him, I know that he's your best friend. Almost like a brother to you but remember, he's my boyfriend. I'm scared as much as you are. I don't know what , might happen to him but it's better if a sorcerer like Seto looks at it. "
Ian paused for a moment. "Ian...please......" Derp rasped. Ian looked down once more at Derp and moved aside. He sat down on the single couch not far from the bed. "Ian.....?" Seto asked. Ian got up and left. "It's okay Seto... he's just grieving. He might not know what he's doing." Brice said.
--------
Jason ran across the grass as he looked over the distance to see his husband, Adam. "Jasoooooon!" Adam yelled. Jason held the diamond close to his chest and sighed. "Coming!" He yelled back. Adam smiled as his lover ran to him with the diamond. "I see you're having fun with that diamond. " Adam giggled. " Of course I am, Seto told me that I should hold on to it. I don't want to stop running since it's only a matter of time before Daku comes back. We still don't know where he is. But judging by that horse he had, it looked as if it was being told to obey him against his will." Jason explained.
Adam looked confused. "I got the part of why you're holding the super duper cool kawaii desu diamond but everything else, I didn't get. " Adam retorted. Jason shook his head. "The horse is being controlled." Jason said. "And it might be because of that diamond he carried. He tried to control Seto remember? " Jason explained. Adam nodded. "So he could control US?!?" Adam yelled. Jason slowly nodded. " That won't happen Dinkie." Adam smiled as he kissed Jason lightly. "Don't call me Dinkie! And yeah....that won't happen." Jason smiled. They looked up at the sky. "I miss home." Jason remarked, trying to change the subject. "I know you do but remeber, we had to leave. That guy wouldn't leave you alone." Adam said. Before Adam and Jason met anyone, and before they got married, a man who they did not know about followed Jason everywhere. He would speak about hope and how Jason would die up in space due to suffocation or drown in a pool. When Adam saw this, he immediately moved in with Jason only to make things worse. The man would carry a knife and try to kill Adam. They finally moved away.
"I know but I miss my grandparents. " Jason whispered. " I know....." Adam whispered. "If you be my star I'll be your sky...." Adam sang. Jason got up. Come on, the day is early and we still need to train." Jason smiled. " Wait up!" Adam yelled. Jason grabbed Adam and used the diamond.
After several minutes, that saw Ian sitting on a bench. " Hey Ian!" Adam yelled. Ian said nothing. He looked up only for SkyMU to see his eyes filled with tears. "What's wrong? Did something happen between you and Seto? " Adam asked only to be punched by Jason. "Derp has miligant lymphoma. " Ian muttered. The looked down. "I'm so sorry. " Jason said. Adam shrugged. " It's nothing.....Seto is looking at him with Brice. " Ian muttered. Jason hugged him. " Don't worry about it. " Adam said. "I know but...he's Derp, life wouldn't be the same without him." Ian said. "Will Seto let you talk to him?" Adam asked. Ian shrugged. "We should be worried about Daku but....Derp......" Ian said. Jason nodded. "Luck and life isn't always on your side sometimes. " Adam muttered.