Chapter 19

Derp's POV
Clouds began to roll in as Brice and I entered the library. "And I didn't bring an umbrella..." Brice muttered angrily. I love it when Brice gets mad, his hair puffs up a little and he gives a cute puffy face. "Calm down Brice! We can stay inside while the rain passes." I answered. Brice rolled his eyes. "How are you the smart one right now?" I giggled, I am definitely not up to Ian's standards of intelligence or anything like that. It took me 4 hours to change a remote control battery. " Whatever. C'mon, let's go inside." Brice said as he walked up the stairs. I followed, almost tripping each time. Brice smiled. "Derp! You're going too slow!" Brice said. "No! You're going too fast!" I countered. Brice laughed as he opened the door to the library. I followed soon after. I looked around the old building, old books and new books were combined together on shelves. Kids were reading next to their parents, teens on the computer obviously not doing their work. I slightly smiled. "C'mon. " Brice whispered. I lightly walked to the couch were we always sat. " What are you going to read to me now?" I asked. Brice grabbed a book from the teens section of the library. "Here it is," Brice revealed the book. It was an old black hard covered book with a single rose as an illustration and titled Brother's Betrayed I looked at him. "It looks...interesting..." I said.
I never liked the old 1980's books, they had plots that never made sense, they kill off the only likable Charecter, the main Charecter is always either a criminal or something like that. "Derp... these books are classics! They reveal things from the past, show lessons and morals, the antagonist always get what they deserve. " I rolled my eyes. "Keep telling yourself that Brice." I said. He smiled. " Alright, let's start.." Brice said as he opened the book;

There was once a kingdom, who was ruled by a grand ruler that wanted everything to be filled with piece and harmony. He had a son who he loved very much, always showed him lessons of life. The king would always say to his son this: "No matter what happens, you will always suffer. Life will not be lived to the fullest if you do not suffer." His son grew to become smart, the smartest person in the world. One day, the queen adopted another son. The king did not like this since he was not his son by blood. Many years passed, the sons grew to adulthood. They feel in love with one with a sorcerer another with an average woman. The sorcerer and adopted son had a son whom was born with the condition of being blind. The king disproved of this, wanting his family pure and happy. The blind son grew to the age of 19, the king decided on something: to kill him. He forced his sons to kill the now adult son. The adopted brother had no choice because if he were to refuse, the king would kill him, his wife and his wife's family. The brothers set off to work. After inviting the blind son for a cup of tea, the brother had set up a trap to throw a rock at him and kill him instantly. The adopted brother arrived soon after. Repeating the words; "Forgive me...I had no choice my son...." The rock was thrown to him. However, this did not kill him. The adopted brother grabbed a knife and slit the sons stomach, killing him. To this day, nobody knows what happened to the brothers or the king. People say that they quietly passed away others say that they are still alive, looking for a way to revive the son.
Brice shut the book. "What the actual fuck Brice? That wasn't a good story! What is it supposed to say?" I shook my head. Brice shrugged. "I don't know, it was a good read for me." Brice muttered. Derp sighed. Whatever right? I feel like that story... has something to do with Daku. And his...son...but he only has one son right? And the blind kid, what us that supposed to mean? And why would the king want to murder the son and not the adopted brother? So many questions with this story.... Just then I saw something.... Tyler and Ian... no, They were raised together but not brothers. Ian told me that. " Wanna go visit Ssuto? " Brice asked. I shook my head. "They went somewhere, remember? " I reminded him. Brice chuckled. "Where are they? Maybe they only said that so they could have some time..alone?" I looked at him confused. " What? " I asked. Brice sighed. "69 Derp...69.." Brice whispered. I shrugged. What was that supposed to mean? What are Ian and Seto doing? I'm so confused.