𝙩𝙬𝙤

❝𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗠𝗘, 𝗦𝗢 𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗠𝗘.❞

✿︎

as she opened her [e/c] eyes, she was instantly met with a soft light that came from her now opened balcony door. she then sat up from her bed only to find that she was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday night.

at least none of them were brave enough.

removing herself from her comfy bed, [name] immediately headed towards her balcony to close it. but just as she was about to close it, she found nergal standing there with his back facing her. he seems to not notice her yet so she decided to let the man be there for a while before turning around and walking away.

"[name], beryl mentioned back during your fight and his that the both of you were attacked with an unknown figure," nergal spoke out causing [name] to stop in her tracks, "he also mentioned that they saved you just in time before being slashed by his sword."

"there was another person in the area?" [name] muttered in pure confusion, "i thought there was only me and beryl back there."

nergal raised one of his brows at her, not sure wether or not to believe her excuses right now. sure, she just woke up after being hit on the head but he was still making sure to be careful around her.

"go down to my office after you're done cleaning yourself," with that, nergal immediately passed by her and exited through her bedroom door.

--

"oh, [name]!" a voice could be heard calling her name making her turn around to find a certain medic walking towards her with his clipboard in hand.

"you wouldn't believe on what i just discovered about leon's rare condition!"

figuring that he had already experiented with the male last night, she wouldn't be that suprised on what he had discovered. after all, he is one of the best medics in dark fall for some time now. once he catched up to the knight, he showed her his clipboard where various information could be seen written across half of the papers he owned.

"hm, already?" [name] questioned out loud making mephisto let out a chuckle.

"mhm! thanks to nergal's help, i got all the information i needed," the female only nods her head at his words. he then went on and on to explain the ex-ruler's condition from the very begining.

it took time for [name] to absorb the information. though mephisto only let her be as he continued to tell her all of it whilst walking next to eachother to nergal's office.

meanwhile, the said man was there in his office as a piece of letter was placed between his fingers. he had just finished reading the inside of the letter and immediately he felt something hurting in his chest.

inside the letter consisted of a man named cliff asking how his fiance has been doing for the past year. at first he thought about it that the mailman sent the letter to the wrong place. but after reading it whole, it turns out that this man actually had intentions on sending it here.

so nergal asked himself, who was this cliff trying to send the letter to? there weren't really any women around the area. but after sometime he figured that the man was talking about a certain female. so he made sure to ask her during the meeting.

--

during the entire meeting, the four men only discussed about leon and his rare condition. turns out the blonde male had a small womb inside of him that could make the most perfect king for dark fall.

and since [name] sat on the floor this time, she immediately got bored halfway through it and decided to place her head down on top of the table instead. the four seemed to not care about her either way so she assumed that she was allowed herself to slowly fall asleep.

"[name]." a certain voice then called her name making her spine shiver.

"hm?" looking up from the table where she rested her head at, she could see nergal standing in front of her with a letter in his hand.

"mind explaining this letter to me?"

he then threw the letter towards her which she swiftly catched it. opening it, she could see a familiar name written on top of it which made her heart thump a little. and for once in her whole work, she looked at nergal with a thankful look on her face.

"oh, this? it's a letter from my fiance," she calmly stated before reading the words quitely.

beryl's ear perked up once he heard the word fiance coming out of her mouth. it sounded foreign to him just hearing it that the female he fought last night already had a fiance.

deus, though he paid little to not attention to her, he still raised one of his brows at her as he slumped back down onto the sofa.

mephisto? well he's just being himself and was leaning himself againts a desk.

"your fiance? but you've been in dark fall for a decade now, [name]," nergal spoke out, not liking how she reacted when he gave her the letter.

"i know right... we've known eachother for since childhood and so when it was time for me to help leon building his kingdom back up again," she carefully placed the paper back into it's place, "he proposed to me on the very last day and promised that he'll immediately marry me when i return back to him."

"that's interesting, [name]," mephisto gave her a smile as he ruffled her hair. though she figured that that smile was fake due to how slightly aggresive he was right now.

"mhm. honestly, i'm glad that he chose me to be his wife."

--

once the meeting ended, nergal asked mephisto to bring [name] to his own office whislt deus and beryl stayed behind. the atmosphere in the room didn't seem friendly so she eventually followed his orders for once.

"hey, meph," she said, looking at the doctor who was walking right beside her.

"yes, [name]?"

she smiled when he answered, "thanks for not exposing me back there."

✿︎

❝𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗠𝗘, 𝗦𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗠𝗘.❞