𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

❝𝗜'𝗩𝗘 𝗗𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗛.❞

both of the yaksha's arrived at the chasm just in time to see two familiar travelers peeking inside the hole.

"i wouldn't do that if i were you."

"ahh!" paimon shrieked, not expecting [name] to come out of nowhere.

"..." xiao kept quiet, inspecting the hole for any different signs that could give them a hint as to what had caused the light to appear.

aether on the other hand, was busy looking at the girl. he felt as if he had seen her before, but where?

was she the girl me and paimon saved yesterday? he thought.

"you two should return back to liyue. let us deal with this alone," the anemo yaksha ordered, as a tiny boat made of ice started to form below their feet.

[name] gave aether a wave as she watched the boat she made start to move while making a path of ice for it. paimon seemed shocked as she was the only one there since she was floating, so she had to call out to aether as she tried catching up to him.

now since that was settled, the both of them knew that she hasn't went inside the chasm for years so xiao took the chance to be her first. taking her hand in his, he teleported the both of them near the campsite where other mortals stayed to do researching.

"one of the yakshas had gone missing here, i'm guessing that you already know who by now," said xiao, looking around the site for any melillith soldiers.

just then, an earthquake suddenly came as everybody were holding onto something to keep them stable. the sudden earthquake didn't mind the two yakshas at all as it helped xiao locate the place easier.

[name] then found herself in a completely new place with both her and xiao crouching down at one of the higher constructions, peeking down at the people below.

the anemo yaksha sneered as he watched them moving, "so they were the ones who activated the portal."

"portal? these guys?" the cryo one asked in surprise.

the two watched as the group moved some stuffs here and there before another portal emerged, out came people who she thought she had left behind.

xiao raised a brow when he saw his partner's expression in the corner of his eyes but shrugged it off as kept his guard up. from the looks of what they were wearing, it was weird, it was similar to monstadt knights but then again it was way more different.

"do you recognize anyone down there?" he asked.

it took some time for [name] to reply, "they're the same group of knights i just told you about. well, except the one wearing a coat, he's a doctor," she admitted, pointing at the four males.

"hm. i thought you said they wouldn't be able to find you if you were to return back here."

"well, they were planning on exploring another universe by using that same portal. i'm guessing they chose tevyat as their next destination," she shrugged her shoulders.

by using her catalyst, she started icing the place they were 'staying' slowly. making sure to stop when one of the people would pass by the place to avoid getting caught. xiao didn't question her and instead moved to a more closer area to hear their conversation.

both were being extra careful as they never knew who exactly they're dealing with. even though [name] had fought side by side, she still did not know the true capacity the four men could go.

just as she was busy frosting the other side of their camp, a commotion was heard from the right side and so she turned to look at it, making sure to stop. down below from where she was currently hiding, the other yaksha had already went down there and started 'annoying' the group by sending their bags fly up into the air or making small windcurrents.

[name] had to hold in her laughter, as she watched the wind xiao was controlling bothering nergal who was trying to have a conversation with mephisto. they weren't really reacting to it though, it seemed as if nothing was actually bothering them.

finishing up her task of freezing half of their camp, the cryo yaksha stretched her body before teleporting down to her partner. xiao, who had known her intentions, let her be as he busied himself with annoying the campers.

"wish i had an anemo vision to do that," [name] muttered, thinking of many things on what she would do if she was given an anemo vision instead of cryo.

"shh, they're searching for us."

turning their heads to look down on the camp, they could see the people searching everywhere to find whoever did that to them.

"i'm bringing the traveler down here."

-

"so the two of you have been bothering these guys for the whole time?" aether asked after xiao had teleported him into the chasm, his floating companion nowhere to be found.

"yes, i find it funny how they accuse eachother instead of finding the one doing behind it," [name] answered, sitting on top of some stacked crates.

"you two better shut up, one of them is missing."

xiao said. the two stopped talking and looked down only to find one of the four missing. xiao asked [name] who the person was only to feel a hand covering his mouth.

when he was about to ask why, a twig snapped behind them causing aether to look and he could see a red haired man standing there. he thought that was diluc and was going to call out to the man only to get his mouth covered as well.

"shut up," [name] whispered, looking at beryl through the corner her eyes.

fortunately, she was able to create a barrier where the three would be invisible from anyone passing by outside. she watched beryl sniffing around the area they were in before flinching when the two of them made eye contact.

she thought that the male had already seen through her tricks and was preparing to fight him when he suddenly jumped down from the place and went back to the camp.

what.. [name] thought, removing her hands from both xiao and aether who sat in silence the whole entire time.

"did he figured out that you were using this kind of spell?" aether asked after he recollected himself.

"beryl doesn't like magic, he prefers fighting without it from what i experienced. i'm sure he didn't actually figure it out."

the three stayed quiet.

"then explain to me why is the gray haired male looking at our direction," xiao pointed down, narrowing his eyes at the said male.

"shit.. we have to get out of here."

❝𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦 𝗡𝗢 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡.❞

how in the world did i forgot to publish this chap wth