𝙩𝙚𝙣

❝𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔𝗧 𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗬.❞

after returning back to the surface, the three of you let out a sigh of relief after managing to escape out of the place.

unfortunately, nergal had figured your tricks and had sent beryl to check if it was true. he knew you had left the place to return back here.

"phew! paimon did not expect for that big guy to chase all of us," paimon appeared, floating near the three of you who were standing up.

dusting your clothes off, "there was a guy chasing us?" you asked, raising a brow at the fairy.

"yea! and paimon was scared when he was this close to catching you."

"wait, wait, wait. so you were actually watching us all the time?" now it was aethers turn to ask paimon.

"uhm.."

chunks of rocks then started falling into the hole, sending both aether and paimon to hide inside one of the nearby houses.

meanwhile, both you and xiao had already covered your faces with your masks. in the entrance of the underground, you could see someone coming out of it.

"phew, glad i made out of there safely!" it was a random adventurer.

letting out a sigh of relief, your mask vanished revealing your face to the adventurer who was surprised to find a yaksha in front of him.

"[name]!" he said, shocked to see you.

"sir, please return back to liyue harbor. the chasm is still not safe for you adventurers to go for now," you told him, wishing him a safe journey back to the harbor.

turning back to the entrance, xiao was already near it as he was checking something. curious, you stand behind him, trying to see what he was seeing to.

"theres extra footprints here.. meaning that not only the adventurer, others had gone out of the hole as well," xiao said, standing up as he glanced at the area around you two.

"then how come we never noticed them coming out?" you asked, suddenly worried.

"that's what i'm trying to figure out as well."

as both of you were trying to figure things out, aether and paimon were not so lucky.

-

"paimon can't believe that you three managed to outrun that big guy!" paimon said, floating in the middle of the room.

"but paimon's confused, why are they even down there in the first place?"

aether didn't answer, he kept his eyes on the window for anything suspicious. he wasn't really worried for the two being outside, he knew how strong the yaksha's are.

just then, a knock came from the door. aether was about to check when paimon immediately zoomed towards it.

"[name], xiao- ah!" suddenly, the floating fairy was caught as a man had his hand around her neck.

startled, aether tried calling out for xiao only for someone to knock him unconscious. paimon then panicked after seeing him get knocked out.

"xiao!"

-

back at the two yaksha's, both of them were searching around the area for hidden clues as to who came out of the hole.

"i'm pretty sure that there's more than one person who came out of there," [name] said, catching xiao's attention.

"what makes you say that?"

she then pointed towards the ground nearby one of the houses, "look at these, there seems to be another person."

as they were about to look at where the trail would lead them to, xiao suddenly flinched causing [name] to look at him.

"what's wrong?"

"they're in danger."

meanwhile, back inside the abandoned building. aether was tied down to a chair with paimon sitting on top of the floor, same as his situation.

"now, tell us. where's the girl?" the biggest male in the group asked, glaring his eyes at the two.

"we don't know who this girl is! you guys could at least tell us her name first before asking," paimon replied, keeping herself from floating.

she was affraid by the group of males who just decided to held them hostage and asking where a girl is. she first thought that they were some treasure hoarders, but realized after seeing the red haired male again.

the one wearing a coat sighed, "they're clueless on to who we're searching for.." clearing his throat, he told the name of the girl.

"[name]? the cryo yaksha?" aether finally spoke, confused on to why they wanted one of the yakshas.

the two traveling companions watched as the 'doctor looking guy' nod his head. something then clicked inside of his brain, the cryo yaksha did told him about a group of males who he should watch out for.

the doctor guy was definitely one of the men, so he guessed that the others were also included.

"but paimon is confused on why- woah!" floating away from the frozen ground, paimon let out a sigh of relief before sitting back down on aether's lap.

"she's here," the leader of the group said, smilling as the floor around him didn't turn into ice.

-

"she's here."

i heard nergal said after i finished freezing the floor inside the house. xiao was already inside, on the second floor of the building.

alright, i just need to distract the four so that xiao could safely get the two out of the house, i reminded, reassuring myself that they wouldn't get the chance to bring me back.

thinking of a way to distract them, i came up with the best, amazing, brilliant plan ever. that is..

❝𝗜 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗠𝗘.❞