𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

❝𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗞❞

midnight,
outside the castle.

-rex lapis

you read the note over and over again just to make sure that your eyes weren't deceiving you.

the geo archon just sent you a letter that explained on how to return back to tevyat at the back. thankfully, nergal did not read nor open the letter.

sitting on your bed inside your bedroom, you couldn't help but feel as if a boulder was removed from your shoulder as you let out a sigh of relief. finally, a way back home.

no more taking care of a blonde guy, no more fighting weird creatures and definitely no more pretending to be engaged to someone you barely know.

placing the letter on top of your desk, you laid down on the bed remembering the times you spent in liyue with the other yakshas.

[ i'm so tired of this place already.. ]

--

staring far off at the lands of liyue from the wangshu inn's balcony, the anemo yaksha quitely sat there on the railing as he too tried to remember the times when the other yakshas were still alive.

summoning his mask on his hand, xiao looked down at it as he thought about a certain cryo yaksha who broke her mask during one of the wars liyue faced back then.

flashback;

"these monsters.. what even are they?" asked the pyro yaksha as she stared at the monster that was once burned by her fire regenerating at a fast speed.

"i don't know, we should start focusing back on holding all of them back whilst [redacted] and [redacted] evacuate the civilians," replied the electro yaksha, punching through one of the 'demons' before kicking another one in the face.

meanwhile, not too far away from the two, both the anemo and cryo yaksha fought off the the other enemies.

plunging down onto the group of 'demons', xiao immediately dodged to the side as some weird substance was thrown at his previous spot.

[name] though sliced through the head of one of them before freezing the other enemies. this act continued for a couple of times before something huge appeared behind her.

unable to react fast, the creature slammed it's giant hand down onto her figure. a groan erupted from her mouth as she summoned a giant pointed ice crystal on top of the giant before bringing it down.

unfortunately, the creature somehow figured it out as it easily dodged the crystal before putting more pressure.

"ack--!"

surprised, xiao turned his head around to find the cryo yaksha struggling to remove herself from the grasp of a giant creature. swinging his polearm, he charged at the beast.

"xiao!" shaking out of his memory, the anemo yaksha looked at the person who rudely interrupted his moment.

"what is it that you mortal's want now?"

both paimon and aether looked at eachother before turning back to meet the yaksha. the floating pixie then presented a plate of almond tofu which xiao accepted as always.

"speak." turning to look away from the two, xiao ate the delicious almond tofu as aether began to tell him.

after he explained all of it, the blonde looked at the yaksha who sat on the railing quitely.

"so will you--"

"i'll follow the two of you back to the harbor, so get moving."

--

back to [name], the poor female was again tasked to take care of leon who was preparing to go to bed.

since yaksha's don't sleep too often, nergal gave her the task since he knew that the female was planning on not sleeping again.

[ even if i'm planning on not getting sleep, at least let me take some time to rest from all of the paperworks i've done. ]

[name] thought, entering leon's chamber without knocking like always. inside, she could see the blonde curled up on his bed with mephisto standing right beside him.

perking up at the sound of someone entering, mephisto turned his head to look before making eye contact with the female. as if their last interaction at the garden didn't happen, he offered her a smile, a blank one to be exact.

"i'm guessing that nergal sent you here?"

[name] nodded her head, confirming his question as she sat on one of the chairs inside leon's room.

[ now i'll just have to wait till midnight so i can escape this stupid place! ]

--

and she did, though fell asleep while waiting. and as she slept there dreaming about eating qixing flowers with ganyu, both beryl and leon were busy.. uhm.

let's just say helping eachother. ;)

fortunately, they weren't able to wake the sleeping female up despite how loud they were.

leon was already asleep, tired from the helping while beryl was making sure his clothes were on. just as the red-head was about to leave the room, his eyes glance at leon before slowly moving it to [name] one last time right as he exited the room.

i'll ask her later.. he thought.

back inside the room, the chair [name] was sitting on suddenly creaked as a portal was slowly opening right beneath it. since she was asleep, she wasn't able to react at all as her along the chair fell straight into the portal, leaving nothing behind.

well, except for the paper containing her escape.

❝𝗟𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗟𝗔❞

[a/n]
-ohhh boy, next chapter will be placed in tevyat with our mc meeting someone special ;)

let's just hope they wouldn't be able to find her whereabouts so that i could this story faster.