The Black Knight

Y/n's Pov:

It was late. You sat up and looked around. All around you were limp bodies of avatars. Everyone had gone back to their human bodies. And everyone was asleep.

You sat up and quietly made your way to the lab from earlier. Grabbing your bag and everything that was taken out of it. You saw your shoes on the ground and thought for a few seconds. You shook your head to yourself and left without them.

You made your way to the exit of the cave and did the wrong thing and looked down. You couldn't see anything. You took a breath out and did a few jumps, arms limp. You cracked your neck and started to climb.

You weren't sure where you were going as it was pitch black and very cloudy. But it wasn't your sight that was leading you. It was your mind, heart and gut.

You had tried to sleep but woken up with one thought in your head. leave. And you followed that thought. You felt as though you had to.

You had gotten reasonably far after just 10 minutes. You had always been good at climbing so this wasn't too much of a challenge. Glad you had left your shoes back in the lab as it was much easier to move without them.

Just as you made a leap of faith to another long twisted branch, you heard something. You looked up, and in the dark you could see a silhouette flying above you.

Muttering to yourself as you continued along your way, you waited for whoever was on the Ikrans to find you. At least i tried, you thought.

A few seconds later, you felt a thump in front of you. You looked up from where you were walking and sure enough there was an ikran and a rider. But that rider had to be the one person who hated you most.

"Neteyam" you mummbled. He went to step closer to you but you were already on that. Walking right past him. The feeling you had had was stronger now. It was as though someone was screaming in your ears to leave.

"Where are you going?" He shouted once he had registered you had walked past him.

"No clue!" You yelled back as you started to run once more. The rest of your journey was filled with questions and comments from Neteyam.

"Where are you going...what are you doing...wait up...are you running away... Your going to fall..."

An hour had passed before the feeling in your head had stopped screaming at you. 'almost there. To that cave' you stopped in your tracked when it happened. It was strange change in pace. The feeling was softer and calming.

Looking around you tired to find a cave. Then a feeling came up again. You turned around to the boy who was slowly walking closer to you.

You rolled your eyes. Of course he just so happened to be here when you needed him. "Do you know if there are any caves in this mountain?" You asked scratching your forehead.

The boy looked around as though seeing if you were talking to someone else. When he saw you weren't, he nod. You stood to the side to let him lead the way.

______________________________________

After just another few minutes, you had entered a cave. And at the end was a large opening. The air was cleared now, and you could see all of the mountain in their glory at night.

Out the corner of your eye you saw Neteyam standing beside you. You turned to him. His eyes glowed and his face was covered in star like freckles. He turned to you with a blank face.

You rolled your eyes and moved past him and to the waterfall. You felt you had to get to the other side.

"Where are you going?" The boy asked. When he saw you make your way across the little path behind the gushing waterfall, he rushed up to you, grabbing your arm and spinning you around. Anger all on his face. "Are you trying to bond with an ikran?" He asked, his eyebrows clinging together.