The Beginning Of The End

The Star walked away from the Moon that night. Afraid he had ruined everything when the girl moved apart from him, confused about the whole situation.

But the Moon chased after the Stars like it chases the night.

The Moon looked to the stars and smiled.

for the first time in weeks you smiled. It was only small but it was something. And Neteyam loved it.

But what now?

______________________________________

Neteyam's Pov:

I couldn't believe what I did. But it felt right and even long over due. When the Moon haired girl pulled away, I panicked. My beliefs faultered. And I stepped away a few times before turning and almost running off.

But Y/n stopped me. She grabbed my arm and smiled. Her hair shined in the light of the Moon as always. The stars that were freckled across her face were lit up too. She looked beautiful.

Her mask was down.

______________________________________

The months that came were the best months since I had met the Moon haired girl.

Her fear never really left her. But she smiled and laughed. She would talk and get excited about The events of the day. But she would cry too. Waking up in the night with nothing but fear in her eyes. She would yell when she was angry, the rages pouring out.

She was herself. And I had completed my job. Right from that first time she wrote Kxetse when I promised myself I would help her drop her mask.

She never showed her pain and fear of the sky people to anyone other than me. And occasionally Ronal too.

She and Ronal had become close. And in extention, Tsireya, Ao'nung and tonowari.

I could tell she saw them as her family. And I could see that they cared for her too, thinking she was family. Every one of them. She fit in nicely with them.

Sometimes she would join them for dinner. I would glance across to their hut and smile to myself when I saw her arm wrestling with tonowari or trying to teach Tsireya some english. Or even Ao'nung.

But she looked happiest when with Ronal. Smiling when she had impressed the woman with her skills. Or just talking to the woman about life.

It amazed my whole family how well she fit in with them. Tuk had told me she thought that y/n would become apart of our family. Not theirs.

But Y/n feel like she was being excluded when she was with the family. With mine she did.

Mainly because of my father. He didn't like the idea of us being together and connected. He never said why. But my mother told me it was because he was my father. He was being protective.

It was all confusing to me.

We spent our days together and occasionally caught up after dinner before going our seperate ways for bed.

But no more kisses to be shared.

We told no one of our kiss. Especially my family. My father was had told me to stay away from the girl dispite the fact he knew we were connected. It was as though my parents had switched their views.

Yes my mother still didn't trust y/n but she was trying. Because she knew our connection wouldn't disappear.

My father on the other hand, held a grudge against her.