Weeks Past

You did not want say goodbye to the Sully's the next day.

Just before they were about to head down to the tree of souls Neytiri and Tuk came over. Tuk gave you a hug and it lasted a good minute.

"Y/n I want to thank you." The older woman said. You were a little shocked at this as she didn't trust you one bit. "You brought happiness to my children during their time of sadness. For that I am grateful."

Kiri and lo'ak came next. Kiri hugging you even though she knew you were only allowing hugs from tuk. "I'll miss you" she whispered.

Lo'ak shook you hand in a very 'bro' kind of way with a smile. "See you round" he said.

Jake came to you and shook your hand too, in a more formal way. Just like all the other Na'vi of the omatikaya clan. "I am sorry if we made you feel as though you were our prisoner...I didn't intend for that"

You looked for Neteyam for a few minutes but walked back to the lab without any luck. You didn't want to say goodbye to him knowing that after this, the connection between the 2 of you would be severed. Broken. Stretcher. You would feel lost.

"Hey" you stopped in your tracks and turned around. There stood the Na'vi boy. The one you tried so hard to find.

You went to greet him but barely anything came out. When you spoke. So you cleared your throat before continuing. "I tried to find you".

"Why'd you give up?" He asked stepping closer to you. He was very upset. Not that you didn't find him but because he was leaving. This was his home. It was hard on him to have to leave.

"I...don't know" you said shaking your head. A scoff escaping your lips. "That's a lie actually."

"I know." He replied. "I don't really want to say goodbye either" he rubbed the back of his neck. A pained smile on his face and a scrunched nose.

"You never know. Maybe this connection will just disappear. Like it was never there"

"Yeah" he whispered. "Maybe... honestly I don't know if I want it to disappear"

You heard Kiri calling out to her brother. He gave you a smile.

"I see you, y/n" he said.

"I see you, Neteyam" you replied. He gave you a low nod before stepping backwards and turning to walk off.

"moon!" You shouted out. The boy turned. "My friends call me moon"

The last you saw of his face was the smile plastered on it.

________________________________________

Neteyam's Pov:

By the time we had reached the metkayina clan, 2 days after leaving, I was feeling sick. Sick from the connection that was being stretched out. Close to snapping. But it couldn't.

That sick feeling lasted another week. I wondered about y/n every now and then. When I did, the sick feeling got worse. So I focused on everything Ao'nung, Rotxo and Tsireya were teaching us.

I struggled to keep up with my siblings during that first week. But as soon as I woke up and felt barely any sickness I actually started to worry. Looking deep into myself. And sure enough. Plastered in the back of my head and in my heart was a small beam of warmth.

y/n

I was able to catch up with my siblings for the next few days with the help of Rotxo. He was nicer than Ao'nung. And Tisreya was busy with tuk and lo'ak most of the time.

Rotxo was a nice guy. I was surprised that he and the son of tonowari were such good friends. Apart from our first meeting, he had shown complete kindness.