Marcus And The Moon

AN: just thought I'd say that Marcus, the character I created, will be a big part of the first half of this story.

After Kiri had left, you sat alone for another hour or 2 waiting to be found. And once you were found, you were taken to the lab where you found Norm and Marcus. You sat down on a stool next to them in their blue forms.

Marcus looked to you and then back to his work. He could see something was bothering you. And he knew what it was.

He would have known about what would be happening to you. Jake would have told him and Norm. Jake would have told him that you were to stay with the science guys till then.

"So..." He said looking at a screen. "How are things?" He asked.

You rolled your eyes to look at the man. He had stopped his work to look to you. He generally seemed to want to know. But you were not going to open up to another person.

"I'm great...how are you" you asked with a very sarcastic smile and a hint of rage in your tone.

The man let out a sigh before going back to his work. He looked a little upset at this. He did seem to care for you. Even though you had only met that morning.

Norm cleared his throat to end the silence. "Y/n... Could you go with Marcus to collect a crate of samples? "

You looked to the man. He didn't turn from his screen but could tell you were going to protest.

"You will be with with us for about 6 days till you start your learning...might as well put you to use." He said turning to you for a second.

You knew he just wanted you to talk to Marcus about how you were feeling, but you weren't going to let it happen.

At least you would try.

______________________________________

You and Marcus had left the camp to collect the samples. Apparently it was going to be a long trip past lunch so Marcus packed some food. You started to head down to the ground. He had his own ikran so he must have done all of the training.

You hoped on behind him almost feeling as though you were cheating on Kxetse. But you did what Neteyam said and didn't ride him or tell anyone.

Almost an hour later you were both back on the ground stretching your limbs. You heard a few cracks from your back.

"Jesus...break your back or something?" Marcus said with a laugh. The whole trip down was quiet. So it was weird to hear his voice.

He grabbed his bag off of you and opened it up. Taking out a water bottle and passing it to you. Then he grabbed out some Na'vi foot that was wrapped up in leaves and passed it to you too.

"Eat up kid" he said grabbing himself food and devouring it in minutes. "You can eat and walk" he said once he had put the leaves back in the bag. "Lets go" he said as though you were about to start a long adventure to find gold and diamonds.

You finished eating not long after and chucked the leaves in the bag that was sat on the back of Marcus' back.

You had been walking for a good half an hour, nothing but the sounds of the wind rustling the leaves on the trees and the twigs snapping under your feet. And of cause the humming coming from Marcus in front of you.

"Sorry" he said. "I'm not used to having company on these trips" he said when he looked back to your annoyed face. You gave him a sarcastic smile.

You heard him mumble something as he turned back around. You felt kind of bad. Marcus was a social person. That much was clear from the few hours you had spent with him today. He enjoyed a conversation and liked the noise of others around him which was probably why he was humming.