talks and connections

To say that Kiri was surprised about the Black Knight was an understatement. She was silent. Then yelling at you. Then yelling at Neteyam. Then laughing. Then asking for a ride all in the span of probably 5 minutes.

You of course let her and hopped into the creature. You had been wanting to ride him all day. Neteyam waited at the cave while you and Kiri rode. She made yipping noises while you laughed.

"Took your time" Neteyam said once you landed half an hour later. You gave him a glare, Kiri joining in.

"It's fun having someone not like my brother as much as me" she said with a smile.

If only she knew

Neteyam turned to you, rolling his eyes. You let out a scoff and turned to Kxetse. You didn't want to leave him but Kiri did the right thing and had you all heading back to the camp after 10 minutes.

You decided to all walk back rather than Neteyam and Kiri getting the Ikrans and you catching a ride with one of them.

______________________________________

Neteyams Pov:

We walked back for a few minutes, Kiri and y/n in front of me while I watched them. They spoke together as though they had known each other for a while.

Y/n had her head turned to Kiri, giving me a view of the left side of her face. To me she had no smile and no life in her eyes. To everyone else she looked as though she was listening very intently.

She had been so shaken up with the events of the day. I could tell. Otherwise she wouldn't have been squeezing me that hard when I got a hold of her.

"Kiri" I said. The 2 girls turned to me Kiri with a smile. Y/n with a slight scared but angry look. "Could I talk to y/n...in privet?"

My sister gave me a smirk before walking off without us. Leaving us in silence. Once Kiri was a bit ahead of us I walked to the girl and gestured for her to walk with me.

"So" I started. "How are you?" I asked. I thought I sounded sympathetic and like a actually cared. Because the truth was, I did. I wanted to make sure she was ok.

"I'm great" she mumbled quite aggressively. she clearly didn't get my message. I looked to the girl. She stared at me. Pain painted on her eyes. Clearly trying to cover it with anger.

"Y/n...cut the crap...you clearly aren't ok" I placed my hand on the back of her shoulder, knowing she was going to look away or try and get away from me. But also to let her know that I cared.

"I mean you were squeezing me like a stress ball." I said with a small laugh trying to lighten the mood. She stopped in her place and gave me an angry stare. But that wasn't what got me wrapping my arms around her. It was the quivering bottom lip.

As soon as I saw how much pain she was actually in, I couldn't hold myself back from wrapping my arms around her.

She stiffened for a few seconds. Just as I was going to pull away she lent in and wrapped her arms around me.

She dug her head into my shoulder as much as she possibly could. We stood like that for a good minute before she pulled away, sniffing a little and walking again.

I stood there a little confused. She still wasn't opening up to me even after I hugged her. Even after she had almost cried in my arms. Even after the events of today.

"Hey...y/n." I said jogging up to the girl. "Y/n. You can talk to me. What is going on?"

"I am scared Neteyam. I am scared for my life" she yelled turning to me and stopping once more. My eyebrows forged together confused at what she ment.