The Capturing

Y/n's Pov:

Much had happened under water, but it wasn't until you were in a small air pocket that you had regained your mind.

Ao'nung had guided you to it and started to shake you rather vigorously to snap you back to reality.

You looked to the boy and then to Rotxo and Kiri who were there with you too.

"What the hell was that?" Ao'nung asked quite loudly. You just looked at him with your mouth slightly parted.

"Have any of you seen tuk?" Kiri asked, saving you from having to tell both the boys your biggest fear were the people coming after you.

You shook your head, wiping the water off of your face. Your breathing was heaving. Ao'nung saw this and grabbed your hand, squeezing it slightly, trying to give you some comfort.

He had become much like a brother you never had over your few months of being at the reef.

It was weird to you how easy you were able to become like family to Ao'nung, Tsireya, tonowari and Ronal.

Tonowari was a bit more slow to gain trust and care for you. But you remember the night he told you. The night that you truly felt that you were apart of their family.

you had been sitting on the beach before dinner. Neteyam had been called home to help, so you were left alone.

You had started to think of the way your life had turned out. And you never imagined it to be where it was.

"Y/n" a voice called. You turned to see the tall, broad shouldered Na'vi. "Join us for dinner?" He asked. You gave him a smile and shook your head no.

You had felt you had been intruding their home. This was only the 4th week after the return of the tulkun. And you had spent over half those nights with tonowari and his family.

"I'll let you have some family time" you explained. The man nodded but didn't leave. Instead he walked closer and sat next to you.

You both looked out to the ocean. Listening to the sound of the waves crawling their way up the sand, just grabbing your toes before running back down the bank.

"Ao'nung and Tsireya told Ronal and I some of the words you had taught them today when talking about your past life"

Past life. That was how the Na'vi had discribed your time before coming to Pandora.

"Oh" you mumbled looking from the water to your knees.

You had told them about who your adoptive parents were and the things they had taught you.

You expected tonowari to judge you and accuse you of being a bad person. But he didn't.

"They said a word...ado-adopted...did I say that right?" You nodded with a smile from his funny English accent. But you wondered where he was going with it.

"They told me that you were adopted into a family." He continued. "I don't know about the certian rituals that came along with that, but if anyone in my family knew them..." He paused and looked out to the ocean for a few seconds before turning back to you. "We wouldn't hesitate to adopted you"

"Adopt" you corrected. "You wouldn't hesitate to adopt me...wait" what he said had finally sunk in. He let out a chuckle when he saw your suprised look.

"You are young. Too young to be involved in what ever is going on with the sky people...but it brought you here and for that I am greatful. And so is Ronal and my children."

You remember him giving you one of the biggest hugs before leaving you on the beach.

He reminded you much if your past father. Just not as criminal as him.

______________________________________

You all re gained your breath back. Resting your limbs from the swimming. Ao'nung making sure you were alright after you had froze up. But after a few minutes you spoke.

"I'll go find tuk" you said. "And I'll come right back." You turned to Kiri. "Do you think you could give me some kind of cover?" You asked. The girl nodded with a worried look for her sister.

"We will come" Ao'nung added, pointing to Rotxo. And you all set off. Making sure you weren't seen.

You looked up and saw dozens and dozens of skimwings floating at the top of the ocean. You pointed to the others, and signed to them to tell them that you were going to go up. They nodded and followed after.

You were the first up. Landing a few metres from tonowari, Ronal and Jake. You swam over in between Ronal and tonowari before Ao'nung, Rotxo and Kiri came up too.

"Y/n. Are you alright?" Ronal asked. You gave her a nod as tonowari placed a hand on the back of your head. Giving you nothing but a nod.

"Ao'nung" Ronal said with a smile on her face when she saw her eldest child. "are you ok my son?" He nodded as his father gave him a pat on the back of the head too.

"Rotxo, are you ok?" Tonowari asked when he saw the last reef boy pop up from under the water. He nodded. You turned to Kiri who sat next to her father.

"Where is your sister?" Tonowari asked Ao'nung. But the boy shrugged.

"They have the kids." Jake yelled out. "Lo'ak, Tuk...and your daughter" Ronal hissed out. tightening her grip on her spear, Ao'nung placing a hand on his mother's knee.

You looked to tonowari. Trying to work out what the man was thinking. But all you could see was the anger.

"Y/n. I suggest you get under the water before they see you" Jake said not turning around. You nodded and along with the other kids by the command of Tonowari, took a deep breath and entered the depths once more.

When you got under the water, you could see the tulkun that you had saved earlier. It was thrashing around and calling out angrily.

And soon enough it had leaped out of the water and onto the ship causing chaos all around. Boats went speeding around and you could hear the gunshots going off.

You and the others were scattered around. You couldn't find anyone anywhere.

Everything was all happening so fast. Na'vi sinking down to the bottom of the ocean as their lifeless bodies let out the last breathes, the skimwings slowly singing down too or swimming away when their bonded had passed.

It was a sad scene really. And you sat in the middle of it. It all seemed slow motion to you and you couldn't quite handle the feeling that weighed down your heart.

This fight wasn't going to end well. Something was going to go badly. You could see Neteyam in the water headed right for the ship. So you called out for an ilu. Any one that would be around to take you to him. And one came in just a few moments.

You swam to the ship and climbed up quickly. There you saw Neteyam freeing Tsireya, tuk and lo'ak.

You looked around at the distinction that the tulkun had made before rushing over.

"Moon" Neteyam said with a smile cutting his sister loose. Tuk had jumped into your arms giving you a tight hug.

"Are you ok?" I asked the young girl. She nodded. You turned to Tsireya and she gave you a nod too, knowing full well you were going to ask her the same question too.

"Are you 2 alright?" You asked the 2 brothers. Lo'ak nodded. Neteyam didn't answer the question and instead placed a hand on your knee.

"Everything will be alright. We will all make it through this" he could sense the feeling of doubt I had. The fear of loss. I nodded once before standing and taking Tuk's hand.

"Let's get out of here" you whispered leading the group, not noticing that boys hadn't followed. You were in the water by the time you realised. And not long after, tuk started to swim back for the ship.

"Kiri" Tsireya whispered, looking towards Kiri who was being taken back to the ship

"Sully's stick together" tuk mumbled as she swam. You and Tsireya followed, knowing full well you couldn't leave a child to go get her alone.