Part 5

On day Zhan came back home. He greeted his mom and dad.

Zhan sat with them and asked, "has anything happened?"

Jian min, "yes... Your aunt has fixed your marriage. It will be in two months".

Zhan, "but father....i don't want to get married now".

Crystal, "that's what I told your father but he never listen to me".

Jian min, "Son! One day you have to get married... So why not after 2 months".

Zhan, "but...".

Jian min, don't worry about us".

Zhan, "hmm". Jian min pat Zhan's head. Crystal rolls her eyes.

------

Qiren went to jian min's house. Crystal was at home. She greeted Qiren and told him to have a seat.

Crystal, "I'll bring something for you to eat".

Qiren, "no there's no need".

Crystal, "you are our guest... I'll bring something". Crystal brought tea and other things for Qiren.

Crystal, "Mr. Wang! Has my son done something bad...that you're here".

Qiren, "no no no...he's very kind, loyal and hard working employee...im much impressed by his work".

Crystal, "yes that's true".

Qiren, "ummm...I'll tell you my reason for coming here".

Crystal, "yes".

Qiren, "my son got in an accident 8 months ago. He got paralyzed. His wife instead of takin are of him and support him left. My son is very depressed. His son also needs mother's love. I want to do my son's second marriage".

Crystal, "that's sad".

Qiren, "so.... I came here to ask for Zhan's hand in marriage for my son Yibo".

Crystal, "what? Zhan has been engaged to his cousin since childhood. And...im sorry but I can't accept your proposal...your son....".

Qiren, "I know this....but you should give a second thought to it. My son is rich. Your son will rule. If you want I can give you anything in dowry, apartment, plot, amount".

Crystal's eyes widened listening to all this, but she composed herself.

Qiren gave his card to Crystal and said, "you should give a thought to it.... If you change your mind, do tell me...now I'll leave", saying this Qiren left.

-----

Cici was trying to call zanilia but she wasn't picking the call.

Wen xu, who was lying on the sofa, said, "mom! Why are you taking tension. Jie won't pick up the call. She must be busy in her trips.

Cici,"why can't I take tension. That stupid girl left everything behind for that poor boy".

Wen xu, "so what if he came, he can't rule over this house".

Cici smirked and said, "yes, he can't. From start I have been ruling on this house and till end I will".

Wen xu, "that's like my mom".

-----
Crystal was thinking about Qiren's offer.

Jian min saw her lost in thoughts and asked, "what happened to you? recently I'm noticing you lost in thoughts".

Crystal, "I'm thinking what if someone of the riches asked for Zhan's hand in marriage".

Jian min, "don't make sand castles....no one will even come to our old house and you're thinking about marriage".