Chapter Nine

Author's Note: I'm back! Sorry for the long wait, hope you enjoy! <3

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

It seemed as though everyone held their breath the moment Xylias launched herself forward to attack Frieza. She rose her fist, and the Tyrant rose his in return. The moment their fists collided, lightning and a cluster of energy exploded around them, cracking the ground around them while the energy dispersed deep within the planet, exploding again and causing two large geysers to form and powerfully shoot water in the air to release the immense pressure, making it rain softly over the two opponents and surrounding area.

Goku had kept his composure during the blast, his arms still remaining above his head. He shakes the dripping water from his hair and narrows his eyes to the two beings who started to exchange blows, then glances back up to the ball of light above his head that was still growing by the second, silently thanking Gohan and Piccolo for their energy. Goku hopes Xylias would see that he needed the element of surprise, 'Frieza thinks I'm only powering up... I just hope he doesn't see the Spirit Bomb before it's ready...' He thinks to himself, looking over to Xylias.

Frieza was again, surprised by the Woman's sudden presence, having noticed how Goku had pushed her away from the battle when he had reappeared. Unbeknownst to everyone else, he had also been mortified by the power she displayed in their earlier battle.

Throughout their entire time together before coming to this planet, he and the few men of his who knew of her never saw the form she had showed. Vegeta had annoyingly boasted about a Super Saiyan but the Emperor refused to believe that the demonic face he saw was from that legendary tale.

He'd never admit that he had to recover for some time after the blow Xylias delivered that had sent him across the planet, or that her fist had rocked his inner core, and along with it—his pride.

His mask was slowly starting to disappear, showing the cowardly egotistical maniac he really was, powerful or not. Frieza was quickly realizing that the more he battled with all these Saiyans, the stronger they got every time he faced one of them. He knew there was a chance that the Saiyans could beat him if they teamed up, and he needed to figure out a way out of this mess without having to fight to his death. Knowing that his species could survive in the vacuum of space, a plan started to form in the back of his mind while he fought Xylias.

The Emperor was continuously trying to break through Xylias's guard, throwing calculated punches and kicks towards her vital points, but the woman was holding her ground, matching his immense speed and gracefully blocking or dodging. The more he missed, the more frustrated he got. His punches started to come more in a frenzy, but he didn't slow down.

"Playing Tag, are we? I'd rather play Monkey in the middle!" Frieza laughs as he begins a new sequence of moves, from the outside it seems like he is running in a circle around her, but in actuality fists and feet are flying dangerously fast at her in all directions— ready to hit her at any moment. This turn of technique throws her off slightly, some hitting her; some she dodges or blocks. She starts to readjust, trying to look for a weakness in the formation.

Xylias, through all her disassociation over the years, still managed to pick up the ins-and-outs of Frieza's personality and way of thinking. Maybe it was her warrior instincts that made her study her tormentor's ways, or perhaps it was the intense trauma that made her so hyperaware, but she never dwelled on the 'why' aspect, she had always just followed what her instincts and observations told her.

As she fought Frieza she had originally told herself she had to buy Kakarot time to launch his attack, so she unconsciously held her power back. She is keeping the Emperor at arm's length and distracting him just enough, but as time was passing and the battle continued—her confidence started to grow, and she began to stray onto her own plan, becoming impatient waiting for Goku's strategy.