Chapter Fourteen

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Xylias made it known to Vegeta that she was going to sleep by slipping under the covers and turning her body away from him after their conversation. The Prince took the hint, and retreated to his own room upstairs that had been temporarily given to him by Bulma (begrudgingly so), a room where he had not stepped foot in until tonight—unbeknownst to Xylias.

Vegeta opens the door, he flips on a light and scans the room. It isn't huge but it isn't that small either. It's a gray, white, and dark blue colored room with a simple modern design to it. A decently sized white and blue bed is nestled in the center on the right side with a night stand on either side, each holding a lamp. A large smooth grey dresser sits opposite of the bed, with a medium sized white chair in the farthest left corner, two small blue and gray colored pillows resting on the cushion. There's a door for a conjoining bathroom on the other side of the dresser. A large window is directly in front of him on the furthest wall, overlooking the same view from Xylias's room— just a story higher.

The Saiyan decides to go into the bathroom and have a shower before heading to bed, muttering to himself how primitive the Earthlings technology is, he figures out how to turn the shower on rather quickly, finding soap in a cabinet— he steps into the hot and steaming water, letting it fall over him. His muscles begin to relax under the waters warm caress, and his mind trails to the Woman downstairs.

He feels silly over his recent behavior over her, he's never felt remorse in his life, never wondered about the well being of another person. He wants to believe it's just because she is a Saiyan, but deep inside even the Prince knows that after their Planet exploded, he only cared about the preservation of his own life and getting more powerful. He never really cared for the remaining Saiyans that had survived with him, not feeling a single flicker of remorse or grief when he killed Nappa, or when Raditz was killed by Piccolo and Kakarot. Vegeta has sworn to himself over and over that Kakarot is now his adversary, and he wants nothing less than to reach Super Saiyan and surpass him.

Flickering images of Xylias kneeling before him flash through his mind, remembering that colossal look of pain, humiliation, and utter defeat in her eyes. Then he thinks back to the gratitude and awe he felt towards her when she first saved him from Frieza's tail, at that point he had no idea who she was, and yet he doesn't understand why finding out she is a Saiyan made him react so negatively towards her.

He starts to feel exceedingly uncomfortable as these strange and conflicting thoughts continue to bombard him, so the Prince directs his thoughts to their stark differences to justify his selfish actions to himself and quiet his intrusive line of thinking, an emotion containing reflex he learned from an early age.

She looks so much more outlandish then any other Saiyan woman he remembers from his early childhood. Most Saiyans have dark eyes, and dark hair. Xylias is the exact opposite, she has the build and tail, but how was he supposed to know another Saiyan survived? He tries to rationalize his behavior with himself, he was taken by surprise... that's all, he scowls and shakes his head, trying to rid his thoughts away from the Woman.

There's nothing for me to be sorry for, I don't know why I, the Prince of all Saiyans, had thought about begging for her forgiveness, hah! She is just a means to an end, just another low class warrior to deal with. She'll give me what I want, and we'll go off on our own way. He assures himself. She has knowledge that he wants, that's all. Vegeta wouldn't dare to entertain the thought of being anything more, the Prince didn't make friends. He felt most were undeserving of the privilege, in fact— he has never considered a single person a friend before.