Chapter Ten

**sorry for the long wait, hope you enjoy!

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Warmth.

Warmth is what Xylias feels as Kakarot lays upon her during the explosion.

Almost too warm, his body is radiating heat and is slick with sweat. She can feel his pounding heartbeat against her own, and she's mildly aware of his head against the crook of her neck, his warm breath making her skin slightly damp.

Channeling energy into this Spirit Bomb took a lot out of her, her body was vibrating from the aftershocks of her power up, and it was seemingly the same for Kakarot, she could feel him breathing heavily in exhaustion.

Her ears are ringing from the loud explosion, she stares into the sky in a daze as the planet rumbles, watching dirt and rocks fly above them.

The last couple of days were a lot to process for the Woman, the people she had met, the ceilings she had shattered within herself, her sudden freedom, and her participation in the fall of Frieza.

And now, for the first time ever, a Saiyan man is on top of her— selflessly shielding her from the blast and debris of Planet Namek.

The gesture was... unexpected to say the least. Xylias couldn't remember the last time someone tried to protect her like this, not that she needed it, but the act itself spoke a lot and gave her hope that Kakarot and his people would eventually come to accept her, and maybe even befriend her.

Friends protect one another.

Finally after a few moments, silence cascades over the area, and instantly she feels a vibration against her neck.

Kakarot is laughing, "Whew! That was enough to blow someone's socks off!" He exclaims while pulling his head up, their cheeks brush briefly. A beaming grin is plastered across his face as he looks down upon her.

The moment their eyes meet, that strange sick feeling from before hits Xylias like a ton of bricks. His radiant smile churns something deep within her, and she is so lost in the feeling trying to figure out what exactly is happening to her, that she doesn't realize she is staring directly into his eyes. Nor did she realize he is still hovering over her body, the explosion long since gone.

The silence is suddenly loud as the realization hits, coming down from an emotional power surge. His pure scent invades her nostrils and she's unable to think straight, slowly feeling a burning sensation spreading over her face.

'What the hell is this?!' She couldn't help but yell to herself. Her breathing starts to quicken again, she had to do something fast before these feelings overwhelmed her completely.

"O-off. Get off!" She finds her senses at last and with one hand shoves Kakarot off of her body while she sits back up with her other hand.

Kakarot, who had been deep in thought and filled with a strange intense emotion, also realizes the need to move and create distance between himself and the now slightly panicked Saiyan. He stands up quickly, offering one of his hands to help her up.

"Sorry about that, are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"I- I'm fine." She stutters, looking to the ground and hoisting her body up, ignoring Kakarot's helpful hand.

She stands up and starts to dust herself off, keeping her eyes trained on where her hands are. The distance between them calms her, and that strange feeling starts to goes away. The physical and emotional buzz from earlier fizzling out, she feels her face start to relax— her mask sliding back into it's place.