Chapter 1

Fighter Falls

"I don't like how quiet it is." Mason said, as he leans against a tree. Mabel glances around how seeing people in fire or screaming, as they ran around.

"How is this quiet?" Mabel asked, pointing at the street being her, with her thumb. Mason rolls his eyes.

"You know what I mean! That triangle isn't here messing with anyone!" Mason said. Mabel shrugs.

"Maybe he took a day off?" Mabel offered, and Mason shook his head.

"Him? A day off? I doubt that." Mason said. Mabel walks up next to him and leans against the other side of the tree.

"You don't think he took a day off? I think it's nice to get a break from ruling." Mabel said. Mason scoffs before pushing himself off the tree.

"That's it. I'm going to go find him! There's no way someone like him is taking a day off." Mason said, as he starts walking away.

"I'll see you later then!" Mabel calls out, as she waves. Mason waves back, dismissively.

~Kill's Room~

"Yeah, no. I'm not helping you cheat. You can make something yourself to give to Sarah when we get her out." Kill said, as he gently shaves some wood off.

"That's not even fair! What about Will?! You're not gonna help him, are you?" A mirror shows Bill crossing his arms and Will looking up from his desk.

"Of course, he isn't! I'm already working on my gift! See?" Will said, as he moves his mirror to show a variety of gems and small chains. Will moves his mirror back.

"I'm working on trying to charm a healing and calming spell on these gems. One of them has got to hold out." Will said. Kill moves his carving knife away, as he looks up.

"See? I'm not even helping William with his spells. He's at least figuring it out. Unlike you, who hasn't even started on his gift." Kill said. Bill glares at him, and huffs, looking off the side.

"Oh! Hey! There's Shooting Star! I'll ask her! Fuck you, Kill! Later, Will!" Bill said, as his side went back to normal, leaving Will in the mirror.

"Now he uses that brain of his." Will mumbles, causing Kill to laugh.

"So what are the healing and calming spell for? You can just heal any injury she has." Kill said, as he focuses back on shaving small bits of wood off.

"I'm figuring out what will be best for her. There's no telling what is happening to her since we left, and Bill was the last one to see her before the portals closed. Bill might have an idea on where she was before his portal closed." Will said, as Kill rolled his eye.

"You're mumbling again. I get that you're worried for her, but I'll agree with you. Bill is the only one who can actually teleport us to our old home. He spent more time knowing the place inside out then us two. Above him would be Father and Sarah. They know the place better then him with Sarah knowing every single secret passage there was." Kill said, as Will chuckled softly.

"That is true. Sarah knew just where to find us. I guess we'll wait on Bill then. I'll talk to later then, Kill." Will said, as Kill nods. His mirror went back to normal, showing his reflection. Kill pulls his carving knife back and smiles at the wooden figure taking shape. Kill glances at his mirror before whipping his head ahead.

Kill stares at the door to his room, before setting his wood carving down and gripping his carving knife. Kill moves silently over to the door. His eye glowed showing the red outline of Mason next to the door. Kill flips the carving knife facing him, before swinging the door and slamming the knife into the wall, just above Mason's head Kill glares at him, and he leans further out of his door room.

"Need something, brat?" Kill asked. Mason glances up at his hat pinned to the wall.

"Just my hat, asshole." Mason said, glaring up at him. Kill smirks.

"Since I'm in a good mood today. I won't mess with your family for the day. All you need to do is get out of my sight." Kill said, as he pulls the knife out of the wall, letting Mason's hat fall. Mason snatch it up before checking it over for the hole. Seeing no hole, Mason placed the hat back on his head. One last glare at Kill, Mason turned around and walks off. Mason tensed hearing a door slam shut. Mason glanced over his shoulder to see Kill no where in sight.

'Must have went back in his room. I should tell Mabel about what I saw in that mirror. She'll laugh when I tell her that Kill was smiling at a piece of wood.' Mason thinks, snickering ,as he walks down the hallway.

Kill watches the red outline of Mason jumped down onto a ledge before he slides down. Kill walks backs to his desk and looks down at the paper on it. The paper showed a detail drawing of a three eyed woman smiling, with her hands clasped together in front of her. Below drawing were the words "The Kind Queen of Demons."

Kill taps the paper and looks at his wood carving.

"It still needs work for it to take shape." Kill said, before sitting down and picks up the wooden figure. Kill twirls the carving knife, as he looks at the drawing.