Chapter 2

(Here's the clipboard, in case y'all are curious about what Ford is holding

(Here's the clipboard, in case y'all are curious about what Ford is holding.)

Gravity Falls

"Hey Dipping Dot! Whatcha doing?" Mabel asked, as she peeks from around a tree. Dipper jumps, slamming his book closed. Dipper glares at Mabel, who was laughing.

"Jeez, Mabel! A little warning would be nice!" Dipper said, as Mabel's laugher dies down.

"Sorry, Dipstick. I did call out to you, but you were so focus on your book." Mabel said, as she sits down next to him. Dipper rolls his eyes.

"Sure you did. Then I'll bring the unicorns next time we go out monster hunting." Dipper said, as he blocks her flying fists trying to hit him, while opening his book back to hus page.

"Dummy! Dummy! Dummy! Dummy! You wouldn't dare! You know they scare me!" Mabel said, as she gives up trying to hit him, and crossed her arms, huffing.

"You know that I totally would, but I would be the asshole for it." Dipper said, before letting Mabel shove him, still staying in his spot.

"You're an ass." Mabel mumbles.

"And that makes you one too, with us being twins." Dipper said, as Mabel rolled her eyes.

"Did you know that Bill asked me for a favor?" Mabel asked, as Dipper turns a page in his book.

"Really? That's unlike him. What about it?" Dipper asked, with a hum. Mabel leans against him with a smile.

"About how to ask you out on a date." Mabel said, and Dipper flinched, as his ears turned pink.

"W-what! You're making that up! There's no way he asked you that!" Dipper said, as he looks over at her. Mabel giggles.

"Of course not! I can't believe you got so flustered over that!" Mabel said, as Dipper glares at her, before turning back to his book with a huff.

"But seriously though. What did he ask you?" Dipper asked.

"He wanted to know would be a good gift for a family member. He said he has an older cousin who grew up looking after her siblings before they left home. He doesn't know what to do for a gift." Mabel said, as Dipper hums.

"How about a book?" Dipper suggests, and Mabel shook her head.

"She's blind, but she can see black and white outlines. Like echo sensor." Mabel said.

"Ah. So if she's Bill's cousin, she would a demon too. What about...." Dipper trails off, as he looks around.

"A pet." Dipper mumbles, and Mabel gasped.

"That's it!" Mabel said, as she shook Dipper.

"What is it?" Dipper asked, as he gets Mabel to stop shaking him.

"A pet, Dipper! He can get her a pet! Thank you, Dip Dot!" Mabel said, as she hugs him, before getting up and sprints towards the shack.

"Bill! I got an idea for your gift!" Mabel yells, as she swung the door open. Dipper shook his head, smiling, before turning back to his book.

~Hours Later~

Dipper hums, as he stirs the pot of beef stew. Dipper picks up a spoon and dips it in the pot.

"Hm! I like that taste. Now to tell everyone." Dipper said, nodding to himself, as he pulls the spoon out of his mouth. Puting the spoon in the sink, Dipper turns off the stove, and walks in the living room.

"Stan! Food's done." Dipper said, as Stan waves his hand dismissively.

"Got it, kid. Thanks." Stan said, before cheering at the tv. Dipper shrugs, before walking to the stairs. Dipper walks upstairs and knocks on Mabel's door, before opening it a couple of inches.

"Mabel?" Dipper calls out, before the door opens wider.

"Hey, Dipper! Whatcha need?" Mabel asked, as she held her phone to her ear.

"Food's done. Tell Northwest I said, to hurry up with that book." Dipper said, as Mabel glances off the the side, listening to Pacifica, before laughing.

"Pacifica said, you can come get it yourself and I'll be down soon." Mabel said, as Dipper chuckles, as he walks back down the stairs.

Dipper walks over to the vending machine and punched in the code. The vending machine slid over and Dipper gets inside the lift. Pressing the last button, the lift dings and moves down. Dipper waits the he could see the computers of the lab in view. The lab was more open space, as Dipper can see the glowing orb picking up some metal rods.

"Hey, Pinetree!" Dipper looks towards who called out, and stiffened, as the lift dings, signaling his stop. Bill sets the boxes down, as Dipper steps pass the computers.

"Did you need something? Me and Ford are just about to get these boxes ready to open for the next set." Bill said, as he grabs a towel to wipe his hands. Dipper looks Bill up and down, before flushing a bright pink, and looking anywhere, but at Bill.

"Ah. W-well. I....uh....I just wanted to let y-you know that lunch is d-done." Dipper said. Bill grins, as he threw his arm over Dipper's shoulders, pulling him close.

"Sweet! I'm straving! Hey, Ford!" Bill called out, as he slips his arm off Dipper and walks over to Ford. Dipper stares down at the floor.

'Holy shit! I was next to Bill! Ahhh! What the fuck?!' Dipper thinks, as his mind panics.

"Ford's gonna join us later. So it'll be just us heading up." Bill said, as he walks back to Dipper. Dipper looks up and was disappointed that Bill had put on a sleeveless shirt.

"Ah. Ok." Dipper said, as he and Bill walks to the lift. Once inside Dipper glances over at Bill who was messing with glowing circle that looks familiar.

"Is that your Cipher wheel?" Dipper asked, as he moves over next to Bill. Bill glanced at him and nods.

"Kind of. It's actually a teleport circle to my home." Bill said.

"Then what's the portal you and Ford are building for?" Dipper asked.

"To open a portal to my home using my circle." Bill said, as he smiles at Dipper.

"Why are you building a portal home?" Dipper asked, and Bill shrugs.

"Just felt like it. What did you make for lunch?" Bill asked, changing to subject, as the lift dings.

"Oh! I made beef stew with a variety of vegetables and....." Bill smiles, as he tunes Dipper out. Bill looks at the glowing circle with missing slots of runes. Bill frowns, before dismissing the circle. Bill tensed faintly, feeling his back heat up with the circle fading on.

'I'll ask Will for that runes book. Maybe I can find those runes that Sarah spoke of.' Bill thinks, as he greets Mabel and Stan sitting at the table.