Chapter 5

Amuro P.O.V.

It's been a few days since the robber incident in the alleyway. For some reason, the sound that I assumed came from a stray animal doesn't sit right with me. It feels like somethings is wrong. I have never seen a stray animal once before, aside from the time I met Haru but he was abandoned, not a stray I guess. But that's not the point, it feels very... weird? I don't know how to explain it but I have been spacing out quite a bit because of it.

I was walking home  from my shift at the Poirot cafe. I passed through a park. It brings back so many old memories from when I was young. Me and my best friend used to play here. It would probably still be the same if he didn't get killed by him. Anyways it was a very good night. The moon was high in the sky and it was a full moon. Nice. I love full moons because they are so pretty. 

I kept walking while admiring the view. Suddenly, I saw a blanket on a bench. I would've walked away but there was something odd about this blanket. It was...moving? I moved closer to the "moving" blanket. Upon closer inspection, there was a person underneath this. That's weird but what's even weirder is that this person is a little girl. She was asleep though. 

She looked awful. Her hair was a mess like a bird's nest. She looked around 11 to 13 years old. I also saw that she had a few cuts and bruises down her legs and arms. She also had a big purple bruise on her forehead. And her outfit looked like a hospital gown. But it was stained with green substances and it looked gross. She smelled familiar. Actually, she smelled like trash. I feel really bad for her. 

I took a step back and checked my phone. It was currently like 11 pm. I quickly went through the different possibilities I could try to help her. I thought of bringing her to a clinic but that would raise way too much suspicion on me. People will start to question why I have a child and although I can make up an excuse, they will still need my personal information as I am the one who brought her there. I need to stay undercover and away from attention. Then I thought of bringing her to an adoption center. Although I could leave her outside the door, she might get sick from the cold. The nearby adoption center is currently closed right now anyways as it is under renovation so I really don't know what to do. There is another adoption center but that is really far away so that won't be an option.

Whatever scenario I could think of in my head, was instantly crushed by something blocking it - wether it would be my safety or her's. I sighed as all the possibilities led to one idea. I quickly rethink about what I'm going to do and revise all the different possible scenarios and possibilities again. But this is by far something that could work. It may have one of the higher risks but this will not only benefit me but her as well. 

I hastily put her on my back giving her a piggyback ride. I saw that she was still asleep, thankfully. I picked her up leaving the dirty blanket on the bench. She looked peaceful despite her appearance. I walked back to my house and inserted my keys. I quickly went to the couch and set her down. I took my first aid kit and began fixing up her cuts and bruises. Once I was finished, I took a nearby blanket and put it on top of her. Afterwards, I checked up on Haru, my dog. Thankfully, he was asleep. I sighed in relief knowing that I didn't need to deal with anyone anymore for the night.

After that, I did my night routine while checking on the little girl once in a while. I went to bed and reflected for awhile. I laid on my bed, eyes wide open just thinking about everything that has happened today. I really didn't know why I took her home. Was I regretting it? Maybe. But was it probably for the best? Hopefully. 

I knew I had a long day ahead so I closed my eyes and went to sleep. 

Btw, in this story y/n is 12 and Amuro is 20. More information about characters later on in the story, hopefully.