Chapter 8

Akai P.O.V.

I was walking to the Kudo mansion from the supermarket. I am currently disguised as Subaru Okiya. A 25 year old man who lives in the Kudo mansion. I actually am 26 but for the sake of my safety, I am disguised as Subaru. I heard about the commotion and fuss about a dead employee there. I was actually the first person to see it. I actually was the one who screamed. I didn't scream because I was scared but rather to let people know there was a corpse. I actually waited for a while to see who was the one who saw the corpse. Of course the world had to be mean and let an 11~12 year old girl see it. I feel really bad for her. She stayed still for a few minutes before sprinting out of the crime scene. I can only imagine how she felt, seeing a corpse while shopping for food. I followed the girl and actually saw him. It seems that they know each other. 

I actually stayed awhile to see what Amuro Toru was going to do, or should I say Bourbon. I am known as Rye, a member of the BO. The BO found out I was a spy (NOC) for the FBI. So for safety reasons, I faked my own death. Kir, another NOC, was the one who "killed" me. I'm now working in the shadows to help defeat the BO. I have some external help but honestly, that's for another time. Me and Bourbon are enemies. Not because I was a spy , but because we have bad blood. I "killed" his friend who was a spy too. He was caught so he ended up shooting himself. While doing this, he also shot his phone so none of his loved ones would be in danger. I took the gun out of his corpse and Bourbon saw this. He was furious to say the least. Ever since that they, we would always get into a fight every time we meet each other.

I continued walking towards the Kudo mansion when I saw the girl. The girl who found the corpse. She was sitting against a tree laying limp. I was worried so I went closer to her. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that she was asleep. Though that begs the question, why is she out here and where are her parents/guardians? I looked around for a bit and saw that nobody was in sight. I was about to pick her up and drop her in the supermarket when someone approached me. 

He approached me. He glared at me but once he saw the girl, his glare softened and he slowly shook her awake. She eventually woke up, rubbing her eyes. She opened them to reveal to light brown eyes. She looked at Bourbon and immediately hugged him. She started crying. Bourbon simply set her down and asked her what was wrong.

"Someone asked me about my parents. So many things came back to me. I remember my family now. I remember everything. I miss them." she said in between sobs. Bourbon hugged her and comforted her. He told her that everything was going to be okay and that she was safe now. I looked at the scene in awe because I never knew about this side to Bourbon. Bourbon has many masks so telling which one is real will be extremely hard. However, this side of him looked genuine. It looked so real. If this was what his personality really is, then I will not deny that he is a good person at heart. 

As the girl calmed down, she looked up and saw me. She looked at me and gasped. 

"You're that man. You were the one who... who... ummm... found the corpse first! That's it, I saw someone that looked like you near there. But when I turned a corner to take a closer look, you were gone." she said. Bourbon then remembered that I was there too. Bourbon has always been suspicious of me and suspects Subaru Okiya to be Akai Shuichi, which is bad because I am him. He glared at me giving a look of you-saw-nothing.

The girl than walked up to me than asked me, "Why didn't you call the police? You didn't have to scream so that people can come to the crime scene you know? I feel kinda upset because some random people started interrogating me. You have no idea how scary that was because I didn't want to be taken away by the police." Once she finished explaining I felt a pang of guilt inside of me. 'She must be an orphan' I thought. 

"Sorry about that, kiddo. By the way what's your name?" I asked, hoping to get an answer.

"My name is y/n. Nice to meet you! What's your name?" she asked tilting her head a bit. I answered Subaru Okiya. We then started to learn more about each other. All the while Bourbon was giving me a death glare. I could tell he really didn't want me near her. I could use her to take him down but she is still way too young to know about what is really happening in this world. 

"Also, may I ask why you are with Amuro-san?" I asked her hoping to get a way to use this against him.

"Well, Amuro-san let me stay at his house because I didn't have anywhere to go." I was going to ask more questions but Bourbon interrupted me. 

"Well then y/n, it's getting late, don't you think we should go back home now?" y/n looked at the sky and realized how late it has gotten, she quickly nodded and they began walking back home. I was really tempted to follow them to see where Bourbon lived. So I decided to follow them. While I did I heard their conversation.

Y/N P.O.V.

After I waved goodbye, we began walking home. I could see that Amuro-san has picked up all the groceries that I left behind. We walked in silence before he said something.

"Say y/n, why were you outside? Didn't I tell you to go wait in the supermarket?" 

"Well, as I said, some weird people were questioning me. I don't know their names but I think they're from the police department. I felt uncomfortable because they were asking me personal things and I didn't want to be taken away so I answered them truthfully. But when they asked me about my parents, all the memories came rushing back to me. I guess I kind of got overwhelmed and ran away. I'm sorry." I sadly explained, looking down. I was ashamed I ran away from them. I really didn't want to cause any problems.

"It's fine, y/n. There are plenty of event today for someone as young as you. I don't blame you for being overwhelmed by all of this. It is only natural. While you were doing that, the police and I managed to solve the case. I won't tell you any details but all I have to say is that the girl was killed. You don't have to worry about a thing, I covered for you when the police were about to question you." he said to me. I smiled and was relieved that everything was done. I still kept thinking about who that person was. He said his name was Subaru Okiya. Something about it feels fake though. I must be overthinking things. 

We finally arrived back home and Amuro-san set the groceries down. I helped organize it in the fridges and cabinets. Once done, I played with Haru for a little while before we ate dinner. We did our usual night routine afterwards and went to sleep at around 9:20. 'Today was a very tiring and eventful day.' I thought to myself before drifting of to sleep in the comfortable guest bed.

Akai P.O.V.

After following them to the house, and memorizing the address, I quickly went back to the Kudo mansion. I thought about their conversation while walking back. Even though Bourbon was a member of the BO, I didn't think that he had this side of him. I had a feeling that he did but didn't expect him to act so friendly and caring. The truth is, I really didn't want to fight him. He was a nice guy at heart but I don't know why he joined the BO. We could've been friends but he still holds a grudge against me. There was also that little girl. Her name was y/n. She said she was 12 and judging by their conversation, I'm guessing she lost her memories and her family. But what is she doing with Bourbon. How does she know Bourbon? Where did she come from? Why does Bourbon care so much about her anyway? So many questions yet so little answers and explanations. It really is weird. I didn't think that just by meeting y/n, I got to learn so much about Bourbon. If I manage to talk to her more, maybe I can get some information about Bourbon. 

I inwardly smirked. 'Getting information on Bourbon is going to be easier than I thought. Just get y/n to talk and his secrets will be revealed.' I went inside the Kudo mansion and went to bed. I felt satisfaction knowing that the secrets of my greatest enemy will soon be revealed. All in due time. 

Also, Akai is 25 in this story.