Chapter 14

Amuro P.O.V.

"I'm sure you're aware of who exactly broke into your house. Am i correct?" Akai-san began. I nodded. If it wasn't obvious already, the BO broke into my house. 

"Now, Amuro-san. I want to ask you? What are you going to do now? The BO has destroyed your home. They have also discovered about your little sister. How are you going to keep her safe?" 

I was quiet. I tried to think of possible answers and solutions but that didn't work out. If the BO destroyed my home, they might know I'm a NOC. That will endanger me, y/n and my other loved ones. I also didn't have anywhere to go. The BO burned most of my money. I didn't have that much money left. Hotels and apartments are fully booked until the end of the year. Buying or renting a new house would be way too expensive. Millions of thoughts raced through my head. 

"I... don't know..." I said looking down. 

"Well, I asked the owner of this house and he said that he would not mind to provide a place for you to stay in the mean time. But in return, you have to answer some of my questions. Truthfully. And whatever anyone says in this house stays in this house. Do we have a deal?" 

"Deal." I said. 

"Okay. First question, why did you originally come here?"

"Well, I was about to talk to you about the BO and confirm some of my suspicions but considering that you already knew about them is enough for me to say that you are Akai Shuichi. So you could probably take that mask off. I could tell that it isn't comfortable." I explained. To my surprise, he actually listened to me and took the mask off. I tensed a bit because this is the first time we talked and didn't fight. He seemed to notice this.

"Listen Amuro-san, I'm just asking questions. I'm not going to do anything unless you attack first. Do I make myself clear?" he stated. I nodded and relaxed a bit. Albeit not enough to be vulnerable to anything that might happen. 

"Good. Now second question, are you a NOC?" I froze at this question. I quickly regained my composure hoping he didn't notice. I tried to read his expressions but he was just staying still and became sort of emotionless. It was impossible to read him. I was about to answer but was interrupted. 

"Alright Mr. PSB police officer. Drop the act. I know you're a NOC." I stiffened. I didn't move. This hit me like a ton of bricks. 

"How do you know if this is the truth, Mr. FBI agent?" I fired back hoping to shake him off this idea.

"Let's just say... A little birdie told me~" At this point, I was frustrated and annoyed. There was no way that someone told him this. I was careful not to leave any traces behind. Even y/n doesn't know about this and she has been living with me for a month. I didn't tell anyone, not even the PSB officers. No one should've known. 

"I'm afraid we have to continue this conversation later... Because it looks like we have an eavesdropper. You can come out now." Akai-san said. Surely enough, someone came out from behind the door. I immediately recognized that figure as y/n. She has unmistakably (h/l) (h/c) hair. 

"Y/n, how much did you hear?" I asked worried. She simply walked up to me and hugged me. I was confused.

"Is this why you have been getting injured when you come home late at night?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper though it was loud enough for Akai-san and I to hear. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. I sighed. I knew it was going to end up like this. Even though she didn't cry to pain as much anymore, she is still highly emotional.

"Listen, y/n. It's my job okay? It's only natural for me to get injured right? Hey, what matters is that I'm safe." I said returning the hug. She nodded and ran back upstairs. I watched as her figure disappear. I turned back to Akai-san. He was smiling. I was genuinely confused why he was but I decided not to pry on it. I left him and proceeded to start getting ready to go to work. This was going to be a long day. 

More info for this story:

h/l=hair length

h/c=hair color

I am open to suggestions and also ship suggestions. Thanks for all the support. Hope you have a good day/night.