Chapter 15

Amuro P.O.V.

I had just finished my shift in Cafe Poirot. My next stop was to go to the police station. I am still a police officer despite all of this so I have to go to the police station. It is currently 1 p.m. so I still had time to get there. I had a meeting 30 minutes later so I have to go. I honestly wouldn't go unless it is necessary. Attracting too much attention is really bad if you are an undercover PSB agent in an international criminal organization. I decided to walk to the police station since it wasn't too far. 

Le time skip brought to you by a very sleepy author :)

I arrived at the police station with 10 minutes to spare. I walked into the place to be greeted with chatting. I had just entered the cafeteria. It was loud and busy. Police officers were walking around ordering food. Some queueing and some getting up to leave. It smelled like food - as expected of a cafeteria - and also sweat. Let's just say it didn't smell the best. I walked straight past them and went through the first door on the right. There, I entered interrogation rooms. Everyone is interrogated there for murders, thefts and more crimes. I kept walking until I finally entered the office. Nobody was there though, which makes sense considering most of them are probably in the cafeteria having their break. I entered a room labeled Rei Furuya. 'Man, it feels good to be back to having the name of Rei Furuya.' I smiled.

My smile died down when I saw a pile of paper stacked on top of my once neat desk. I walked around it and saw that there was in fact two piles of paper. 'Great' I thought sarcastically. I sat down on my chair and took out a pen from my drawer. I then began signing things here and there. Basically what a police officer should be doing. It has been a few days since I've done this and I had to pull an all-nighter last time just to finish the paperwork on time. It is really annoying but it comes with the job. Police officers don't just arrest people but they also have to do paperwork unfortunately. 

Snap!

I looked down and saw that the pen had somehow snapped. 'Just my luck' I frowned. I am unfortunately unlucky today. I looked around to find another pen. After a few minutes of searching my drawers, I finally found one. It was a black ballpoint pen. I am happy that it is the same color as the one I used before otherwise I would have to redo the entire paper. I hate my perfectionist side. 

Minutes passed and it was time for the meeting. I had only gone through three papers and there were still many to go. I'll just have to finish it later on after the meeting. I walked out of my office to the now quiet yet full office room. I walked towards the meeting room to see that I was the last one there. I took my seat quietly and the meeting began.

"As we all know, we have been trying to take down the BO," my senior, Hikari Ryo stated. 

"We have created a new plan and it will be a solo mission. Furuya-san has already infiltrated the organization and become a spy. Based on the intel we gathered, they have unfortunately found out about him being a NOC." At this, my heart dropped. It was just as I suspected. They have found out about me and now is where I am in danger. Whispers and murmurs could be heard all throughout the meeting room. I looked down as to avoid anyone looking at me. A few minutes passed and the whispers had died down. I once again looked forward to Ryo-san.

"Thankfully, the BO hasn't found out who sent him yet so we are safe for now. And as for Furuya-san, I'm afraid that he has to go into hiding for the mean time. He can still go out once in a while to buy things but it unfortunately has to be in a disguise or something of those sorts. This is only temporary until we know that the cost is clear and safe. That is all. Thank you for coming and you may all leave." Ryo-san finished. And just like that, I found myself leaving the building with a sad smile.  

A smile knowing that I will not be able to be myself anymore out in public. Albeit that was what I have been doing all this time. I sighed in defeat as I walked back to my "home". I mean, now it is going to really be my home. I arrived at the front door and knocked. Y/n answered and I smiled. I walked inside and immediately sat on the couch. I was so tired from today. 

Y/N P.O.V.

I saw Amu-neechan today looking so tired. I decided to cheer him up by playing with him. I asked him to play with me in which he agreed. We decided to play some video games that Akai-san gave me. It was a racing game. We got our controllers and began racing. I was winning but then Amu-neechan took a shortcut and overtook me. I ended up in second place while Amu-neechan was first. I was a bit salty but I got to admit it was fun. We played over and over again until he had to leave to start making dinner. I decided to do my math worksheet Amu-neechan gave me. I was now already learning about algebra. It is honestly so stupid. Who decided to add alphabets into math. Like seriously. This is MATH. NOT English. MATH is MATH. ENGLISH is ENGLISH. It should honestly stay that way. My train of thoughts were stopped when Amu-neechan called me to eat dinner.  

Hey, Author here. 

Sorry about updating irregularly. I need more inspiration on how to keep this story going. It is definitely going to take a long time to reach the plot because I am stuck trying to figure out ideas for this story.

P.S. You guys can call me Allium or Allay. Have a nice day/night.